Windows 10: Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

Discus and support Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

Hello,

I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display.

It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad Controller. Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox One I've had this controller for the last 10 months, it is still in warranty. I've used it only with my PC, I don't have a console.

However, it appears despite re-calibrating the controller from the game controller settings in control panel, it is preventing Windows 10 monitor from going to sleep.

I've set my monitor to turn off after 1 minute. But it doesn't turn off. But if I lift the analog sticks upwards this somehow fixes the issue, but obviously not a proper solution at all.

Now, the strange part is that I never had the problem under Windows 10 1809 and when I upgraded from 1809 to 1903. It is only after I had freshly installed Windows 10 1903 then this problem started to emerge!

Last 1 month my monitor has never turned off its display even though I've set the power option for it to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

If I disable the controller from the settings or unplug the controller, then monitor display will turn off. I have noticed that it appears that Windows installed the latest Xbox One Controller drivers and I am wondering whether this is the cause of it?

I never had this problem last 10 months. I've had this controller since September 2018. Can someone shed some light? I don't want to have to unplug the controller so monitor can go to sleep.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 13, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

USB Disconnects randomly atleast once a day and the monitors won't go in standby mode.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website, download the USB drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if the issue persist. Ensure that you have the latest video device driver
    installed for the standby issue. Also, ensure that your BIOS is updated.

Are there any devices attached when you try to go into stand by? Try removing or turn them off.

Method 1: The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues
    and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced”and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Method 2:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver from the Device Manager.

• Click on Windows key + X and then, select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the
      Device Manager Window.
    • Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".
    • Restart the computer and check, if it works.
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

1. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode! - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller preventing

2. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  3. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  4. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  6. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  7. Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart: Hi, Recently my brand new monitor has been suddenly going to standby and the only way to wake it is to turn my PC off and on again. I previously had a dual monitor set-up and was having the same issues, so I know it isn't the monitor. I have Googled the issue and it...
  8. Settings says "Xbox Wireless Controller is ready to go", but Xbox One controller still in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings says "Xbox Wireless Controller is ready to go", but Xbox One controller still in...: I'm trying to pair a Xbox One Controller wirelessly via Bluetooth. It says it's ready to go but it's still in sync mode. It is still blinking fast, not soild, and I can't control. I'm connecting it from Settings, Bluetooth and other devices, Bluetooth....
  9. Prevent Xbox controller from connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Xbox controller from connecting to PC: This randomly started happening for no reason two days ago. Never before that. Problem: Anytime I turn my PC on, my xbox controller will connect to it even though its being using and connected to my xbox thus desynching it from the xbox. I then have to go into Bluetooth...
  10. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...