Windows 10: Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

Discus and support Xbox one controller reads as unknown device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I tried connecting Xbox One Controller using micro-usb but gamepad is reading as unknown device. Windows has stopped this device because it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ГлебМациевич, May 18, 2020.

1. Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

Hello, I tried connecting Xbox One Controller using micro-usb but gamepad is reading as unknown device. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. I tried to fix this problem using old solutionhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-controller-reads-as-unknown-device/1bea1bf2-c3ac-4a3e-88c0-993934837b7e and that didn't work. What should I do?

:)

ГлебМациевич, May 18, 2020

2. Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, May 18, 2020
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, May 18, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

1. Xbox one controller reads as unknown device. - Similar Threads - Xbox controller reads

2. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  3. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  4. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox One Controller Adapter - Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

Xbox One Controller Adapter - Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hi,Once I connect the bluetooth dongle for xbox one controller I get an error on my PC - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed"The same result is on a laptop.I've tried reinstalling the drivers several times with no luck.Any ideas?...
  6. USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device not recognised Xbox one controller: Tried everything in terms of drivers etc and can’t seem to fix it. My controller mid game of cp2077 just stopped being recognised I’ve tried another controller and the exact same thing “usb device not recognised” don’t really know what to do submitted by /u/Scorpion18703...
  7. Xbox One Controller

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox One Controller: My xbox controllers when I click the A button open up a link to the language packs on Microsoft Support and I cannot figure out why. It happens whether Im in a game or just at the desktop. Any solutions?...
  8. Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller: Hi I have just purchased an Xbox one controller for my PC, it is a wired controller. When I plug it in it keeps saying driver error. Please can someone assist me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-controller/7cb2a05a-9c8b-40da-91bc-206613f5c93c
  9. Xbox One Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller: My laptop don't recognize my Xbox One Controller submitted by /u/RECANOR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el0lzf/xbox_one_controller/
  10. my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc

my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc: its not allowing me to use the device. it also show up in my device manager as an unknown device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-xbox-one-controller-is-showing-up-as-an-unknown/2c4f1e27-a3c4-4cdb-86c8-d13e72bb8cef