Windows 10: Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable

Discus and support Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i use my controller for pretty much all my games on pc as my aim is terrible. I had it working with the cable for a while but then all of a sudden,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Onixiya, May 28, 2020.

1. Onixiya Win User

Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable

So, i use my controller for pretty much all my games on pc as my aim is terrible. I had it working with the cable for a while but then all of a sudden, it stopped working by cable. It still received power but the controller didn't connect to the pc. I then used bluetooth to connect it. That worked for a couple days then that stopped working. I managed to get it working via bluetooth again after a firmware update for the controller but i want to use a headset with it and bluetooth sometimes cuts out if there's heavy wifi trafficprobably due to wifi and bluetooth having similar bandwidths. I have looked in device manager a lot, showed hidden devices and looked through all the different groups. It isn't there. Would anyone have an idea of what to do here? I've seen other people have this problem and sometimes, they had to get a new controller. I don't exactly have a lot of money on me to get one so i want to avoid that. If you need to know more info, i'll gladly provide it

:)

Onixiya, May 28, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 28, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, May 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable - Similar Threads - Xbox controller refusing

2. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  3. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  4. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  6. xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth: wonder if people can help, i have an xbox one for PC controller ( don't own an xbox) and the controller keeps disconnecting from bluetooth, it pairs fine* but then after about 10-15 minutes will disconnect and then not reconnect, also if the remote powers off and i then turn...
  7. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  8. Xbox one controller via Cable

Xbox one controller via Cable: Somehow my pc does not recognize my Controller the drivers are updated and it also recieves power but i can't use it submitted by /u/Bw0lf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9g3zz/xbox_one_controller_via_cable/
  9. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  10. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...