Windows 10: Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm posting this in response to the vast amounts of other users having reported the exact same issue and spending countless hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Baker547, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

1. Baker547 Win User

Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

Hi All,

I'm posting this in response to the vast amounts of other users having reported the exact same issue and spending countless hours troubleshooting/ trying "fixes" to no result.

So essentially the issue presents itself as the title suggests, after 5+ mins of game play exclusively when using the Xbox One S controller wirelessly (via Bluetooth) as the problem is non existent when connecting the same device via USB.

From the looks of things this started from when the Windows 10 Anniversary Update was released (2016) and is still unresolved to this day with no comment or acknowledgement from Microsoft regarding this issue.

So I desperately ask has anyone actually figured this out as I've tried literally everything including...

New Motherboard

Updated Drivers

New GPU

New CPU

And a clean reinstall of Windows 10 to name a few

If you want anymore specifics please ask becuase this needs raising with Windows 10 Devs.. but I suspect with the amount of time this has been going on for they likely already know and can't or won't fix it

:)

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

3. Łajt Win User

Xbox One S controller problem with working on bluetooth

When I plug Xbox one controller to PC with windows 10 through bluetooth I have two problems. Its either problem with button response, its like lag, or I have significant drop in fps. It happens in
    every game and only when I play through bluetooth. For example in Darksiders I have between 60-120 fps when plugged on USB, or around 30-40 through bluetooth. Or I have no problem with fps but controller is lagging. What can be a reason of this? I tried to
    update controller through XBOX accesories but it didn't work.

Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Via

2. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  3. Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB

Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB: I have a Xbox One Wireless Controller without the PC adapter so I use Bluetooth to connect directly to my PC. After charging the controller through one of my PC's USB ports while the PC is on, once the USB to the controller is disconnected it can no longer connect via...
  4. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  5. Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth

Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth: So... I bough a brand new original xbox one s controller (with bluetooth version) so that I could play with it on my pc (Windows 10 with latest updates). I also bough a usb bluetooth dongle from Amazon so that I could play wireless but I am unable to connect it to my pc....
  6. Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller causing FPS lag: My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f Please fix this, rather than just...
  7. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken: -Checked device...
  8. Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.: Hello there, since the March 1st Windows update (KB4486553) and (KB4482887) my Xbox One wireless controller has been having some issues. Whenever I play a game (American Truck Sim, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, etc.) everything works as intended until I try my controller....
  9. xbox one controller bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller bluetooth not working: everything is on and searching but they will not pair up, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-controller-bluetooth-not-working/0a7535e0-5709-4c39-81db-e5c52123a677
  10. FPS drop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FPS drop: Anyone know to completely remove the AMD Crimson drivers? Frame rate has gone to hell. Was pulling 42+ FPS in WoW with original drivers. Has now dropped to 10FPS under the AMD drivers. 35215