Windows 10: Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC

Discus and support Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After about an hour or so, my Xbox One Elite controller will disconnect from my PC. It will reconnect for a second, long enough to do one action, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Derewolf, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Derewolf Win User

Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC

After about an hour or so, my Xbox One Elite controller will disconnect from my PC. It will reconnect for a second, long enough to do one action, and then disconnect again. I tried updating the controller, no change. Changed the batteries. No change. Only thing that seems to fix it, is a full restart of my computer, which is not reasonable. I don't think it is a controller problem, as I have tried other controllers after the Elite disconnects, and the 2nd controller will connect, let me do one action, then disconnect. I updated the drivers for the adapter as well. Any thoughts?

:)

Derewolf, Sep 4, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC

Xbox Wireless Adapter

Hi,

The Xbox 360 controller will work using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. To help you set up your Xbox 360 controller to your computer using the Xbox Wireless adapter, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC

1. Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC - Similar Threads - Xbox controller wireless

2. Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls: Hi. Ive had this problem for a good while now, since december 2020, but its not been a bother to me until now, now that i have a fancy keyboard with an audio controller that id like to put to use. I use the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2, with the xbox wireless adapter. Its a...
  3. Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?: The controller works perfectly on my PC, but there's just one issue(see video), sometimes when I start or restart my PC it just keeps disconnecting and connecting. To fix this I just have to pull out the adapter and connect it again. My pc spec is RX 6800, 5600x, TUF GAMING...
  4. Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 + Xbox One controller + mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10 + Xbox One controller + mic: If I connect my xbox one controller to my PC, via the Xbox Wireless adapter for windows 10, will I then be able to use the mic on my headset connected to the controller, as I can when playing on my xbox? I want to use the headset on discord while gaming. submitted by...
  5. Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows drops the controller and then stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows drops the controller and then stays on: When I turn on my pc everything is fine. My controller doesn't trigger the wireless adapter though so I have to push the little button on the side of it, and the same one on the top of the controller. After they find each other the controller only stays connected to the...
  6. Xbox One Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Wireless Controller do not connect each other

Xbox One Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Wireless Controller do not connect each other: Hey, I used the Xbox One Controller for Windows with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for years without any problems. It always worked. On monday I wanted to connect the controller but it is not working. I use Windows 10 1909. The LEDs on the adapter and controller are flashing...
  7. Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC

Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC: Yesterday I got a custom NZXT PC in the mail. I connected my Xbox One elite controller through the Bluetooth adapter and played successfully all day. Today, It would not connect to the Bluetooth adapter and I tried tons of things i found online which includes restarting,...
  8. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  9. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  10. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...