Windows 10: Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore

Discus and support Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox One Wireless Controller a while back with my PC and it connected wirelessly just fine for the longest time, until less than a year ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jake Mowatt, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore

I bought an Xbox One Wireless Controller a while back with my PC and it connected wirelessly just fine for the longest time, until less than a year ago it just stopped connecting. It works fine with a wired connection, but not wirelessly. I have searched everywhere and have not found any solutions. Under my devices it just says that the controller is paired but it never connects. Any help would be extremely helpful.

:)

Jake Mowatt, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore

Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore

1. Xbox One Controller will not connect to my PC anymore - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller connect

2. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing happens does anyone know a fix cause I can’t play some of my pc games without my...
  3. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing happens does anyone know a fix cause I can’t play some of my pc games without my...
  4. Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC: I do not know what to do at this point. I have done numerous checks in Device Manager and the Xbox Peripherals tab does not show up. I have manually downloaded the drivers and they still have not shown up. I have done a Windows Update and still nothing. I have installed Xbox...
  5. My xbox one controller connectivity issues to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My xbox one controller connectivity issues to PC: My xbox one controller is running the latest firmware. I have had it connected to my PC over bluetooth and have been using it for a few days now and suddenly it stopped working wirelessly and windows insists their is a driver error but i can assure you im up to date on...
  6. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  7. Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC: So I used to be able to play on my PC with my Xbox controller (I don't have an xbox but bought a controller to play games on my PC) One day the controller started flashing at me and it wouldn't let me use it. I looked up and the only "solution" recommended was to install...
  8. connect an xbox one controller to my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    connect an xbox one controller to my pc.: I would like a help to correctly install the control. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-an-xbox-one-controller-to-my-pc/d60568a8-7222-498a-ae4d-ee514e3fcd34
  9. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken: -Checked device...
  10. Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc: Hello, im having a really hard time connecting my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth. The controller works fine when i plug it in with a usb wire. so my pc didnt have bluetooth so i ordered a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth adapter, i have it plugged in and driver is...