Windows 10: Xbox One Controller With Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One Controller With Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys I wanted to use my xbox controller when playing a game on my surface. I have connected it no problem, and am able to use the controller in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Markoscott, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Xbox One Controller With Windows 10

Hi guys

I wanted to use my xbox controller when playing a game on my surface.

I have connected it no problem, and am able to use the controller in the desktop menus, but when I open the game COD UO, the controller has no input. It remains connected but nothing happens when I press the buttons, and no error/fault message displays.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Are some older games not supported in this fashion? Is there a sort of 'bridging' programme I need to programme the controller inputs?

Thanks

:)

Markoscott, Jun 1, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Xbox One Controller With Windows 10

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One Controller With Windows 10

1. Xbox One Controller With Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller

2. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  3. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  4. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  5. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  6. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't download Sea of Thieves on Xbox app on PC - says I need to have a controller

Can't download Sea of Thieves on Xbox app on PC - says I need to have a controller: Hi there,As mentioned in the title I'm trying to download sea of thieves from the windows Xbox client, but when I try to play, it says I need to connect a wireless controller. Now, I already owned this game on an xbox on the same account, so maybe it somehow thinks I'm trying...