Windows 10: Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

Discus and support Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kai2003, Oct 13, 2021.

1. kai2003 Win User

Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been updated for the controller, the Pc is on windows 11, and ive tried a different controller, and ive tried different usb cables, and its the same result. Ive searched every article, and none of them seem to trouble shoot this.

:)

kai2003, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 13, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Xbox Series S controller not staying connected

There are two ways to use the controller wirelessly
    1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10
    2. Bluetooth

Which way are you connecting it?

I use my Xbox Series S controller using Bluetooth. When I first got it it was unstable this way. Updating the firmware solved that problem.

Once in a while when I turn on the controller the light keeps flashing (not paired) even though the Windows settings says it should be. In the Setting>Devices I have to
    • Select the Xbox wireless controller
    • Select Remove the device
    • Restart the pairing on both the PC and controller
    Once it is paired again it is OK

Connecting the Xbox wireless controller using a USB wired connection should be automatic with Windows 10. Once connected you can use the Xbox Accessories App (from Microsoft app store) to test it and update the firmware if needed.

Note I also found the following:
    • The controller does not need the battery when connected with a USB cable. (it will even work with the battery removed).
    • To use with a wired cable do not press the Xbox button to turn it on. With the cable connected the light will come on using power from the USB connection.
    • However, I have found that taking out the battery does cause the controller to forget its pairing with the PC. That means it needs to be repaired with the PC if a wireless connection is desired.

MisterEd, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

Windows 10 Apps not detecting Xbox one controller with usb wire

To further isolate your concern, we recommend the following steps below:

• Test the controller on a different device.
    • Connect a different controller on your computer.
    • Use a different USB cable.
    • Connect the controller using a Bluetooth connection if your computer is Bluetooth capable. You can view the steps on this

link

Let us know the results.

Loraine Mon, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

1. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller wont

2. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  3. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  4. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  5. My controller wont connect to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My controller wont connect to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  6. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  8. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  9. Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller refusing to connect via cable: So, i use my controller for pretty much all my games on pc as my aim is terrible. I had it working with the cable for a while but then all of a sudden, it stopped working by cable. It still received power but the controller didn't connect to the pc. I then used bluetooth to...
  10. Xbox one controller via Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller via Cable: Somehow my pc does not recognize my Controller the drivers are updated and it also recieves power but i can't use it submitted by /u/Bw0lf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9g3zz/xbox_one_controller_via_cable/