Windows 10: Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.

Discus and support Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was having trouble with a PowerA Bluetooth controller with the same issues. Win10 will allow me to pair and connect the controller, it'll work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xfriendsonfirex, May 21, 2020.

1. Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.

I was having trouble with a PowerA Bluetooth controller with the same issues. Win10 will allow me to pair and connect the controller, it'll work beautifully, and then won't reconnect after a computer restart. I have to remove and repair the device to regain connectivity. I assumed this was an issue using a 3rd party controller, so I bought an Xbox controller.

Same issue. Pairs great, works great, but refuses to reconnect after restarting. I have to remove and repair the device. The only thing that's new with the Microsoft controller is that it flashes between "Paired/Connected" under Bluetooth Devices but gains no functionality, and eventually the controller shuts off.

I know it seems like a minor inconvenience, but things not working as I think they should just irks me. I've searched around and can't find anyone complaining of the exact same issue (thought some similar ones) but I can't seem to resolve this.

submitted by /u/xfriendsonfirex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xfriendsonfirex, May 21, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, May 21, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 21, 2020
  4. Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.

Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect when computer is restarted

Every time I restart my computer (Dell XPs13.3, Windows 10), my Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc) does not reconnect.

The mouse reconnects only after I open "show bluetooth devices" on the taskbar.

The mouse seems to connect automatically when the computer is turned off and then turned back on.

Suggestions?

ecsorensen, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.

1. Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart. - Similar Threads - Xbox controller won't

2. Xbox controller won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller won't reconnect: I connect my Xbox series controller to my windows PC and it works fine for 15 minutes, but after that it disconnects and doesn't reconnect. I have tried looking through tons of forums that have a similar problem but none of them seem to help....
  3. Xbox controller won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller won't reconnect: I connect my Xbox series controller to my windows PC and it works fine for 15 minutes, but after that it disconnects and doesn't reconnect. I have tried looking through tons of forums that have a similar problem but none of them seem to help....
  4. Xbox one controller wont reconnect to win10 after connecting once via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller wont reconnect to win10 after connecting once via bluetooth: Literally just copy/pasting from the other threads with this exact same unsolved issue that MS loves to aggressively lock. The controller works via plug and play, and it also works right after being paired the first time. A temporary fix is to forget the controller on...
  5. Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth: Title. Wired works completely fine. Steam recognizes the controller and everything's good. Things start to change whenever i unplug the wire and try to use it through Bluetooth A few days ago whenever I'd play wireless it would work seamlessly. No issues whatsoever. However...
  6. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  7. Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect

Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect: Just built a PC, have been waiting for a week to game, and can't get the controller to connect. Installed a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi board today, everything works great. Picked up my phone, etc... with Bluetooth but not the controller. Used the Xbox app and a cable to update the...
  8. Xbox One controller not detected after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller not detected after restart: Hi, I started having problems with detecting my Xbox One controller connected via USB on Windows 10 after updating it to 4.8.1923.0 via the Xbox accessories application from 3 something received upon purchase about 2 years ago. It started exactly after that and I tried...
  9. Xbox one controller wont reconnect to win10 after connecting once via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller wont reconnect to win10 after connecting once via bluetooth: The controller works via plug and play, and it also works right after being paired the first time. A temporary fix is to forget the controller on Bluetooth and pair it again and that will work but is a tedious process if I have to do it every time I want to use it wireless....
  10. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it: I have the xbox dongle and I used to be able to turn my controller off and on as many times as I needed to. Now I can only connect once and if the controller gets turned off I can't reconnect it without restarting steam or my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance. Does anyone...