Windows 10: Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?

Discus and support Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to buy xbox one controller but want to know if it will work on my pc if I have not updated windows 10 since pc purchase last year. At least will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarath Amay Nair, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?

I want to buy xbox one controller but want to know if it will work on my pc if I have not updated windows 10 since pc purchase last year. At least will it work with old non updated games ? Though I do download the small updates and patches etc. I never downloaded the one that Windows10Update Assistant tries to do. If not can you please tell me how to check the size of the updates ?

:)

Sarath Amay Nair, Nov 22, 2018

2. Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

http://forums.xbox.com/?xr=shellnav

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Xbox One Controllers not working on Windows 10 PC.

Hi,

One possible reason as to why your Windows 10 device can't detect the controller is due to outdated device drivers. We suggest checking if there are updates available for the controller and your Windows 10 PC. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Another solution we recommend is to run the Windows troubleshooter for devices and driver. This can help resolve issues with connecting a device on Windows 10.
    See How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions and look for Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware

If the same issue occurs, kindly perform the following steps to manually add the controller:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Select Connected Devices.
    • If the controller is not listed under Other devices, kindly click Add a device. Follow the on-screen prompts to manually add the device.
    • Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Nov 22, 2018
  4. Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?

XBOX One Controller Triggers Not Resposive (On PC)

Hi Cruxin,

An outdated controller is one of the potential reasons why your Xbox One controller triggers do not work. For me to properly assist you with this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to use the controller without any issues before?
    • Have you tried using the controller on a different computer?

In the meantime, I suggest that you update your Xbox One controller. To do this, you may follow the steps on the link below:

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?

1. Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Xbox controller old

2. Xbox One controler not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controler not working: I have Xbox one controller that I use wired for gaming. But it is not being recognized on my Windows 11 PC anymore. I run Developer Preview buildcanary channel. PC makes sound when I plug USB in but it doesn't show up anywhere device manager, settings, etc. Xbox logo on...
  3. Xbox One controler not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controler not working: I have Xbox one controller that I use wired for gaming. But it is not being recognized on my Windows 11 PC anymore. I run Developer Preview buildcanary channel. PC makes sound when I plug USB in but it doesn't show up anywhere device manager, settings, etc. Xbox logo on...
  4. Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10: My xbox wireless adapter arrived and I plugged in to the USB slot on my motherboard and everything installed fine but when im in any game eg. fortnite, call of duty, or apex legends my vibration does not work. ive made sure to check all settings in the xbox accessories...
  5. Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.

Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.: I always used the same controller with the same cable and never had a problem, out of nowhere it stopped responding. Windows can still see the device. If I uninstall device from windows and then restart my pc and download the drivers it works, but only once, if I replug it it...
  6. Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC

Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC: Ive been using a wired Xbox controller on my PC for a few games every so often but recently i found a problem where I plug my controller in to a USB Port, the controller vibrates, and then nothing else happens. I tried resetting drivers but when I did I got a message saying...
  7. Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working: [ATTACH] Hi There, I am trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my PC. I have the wireless adapter (generation 1, see attached). Everything works good except when trying to use the 3.5 audio jack. I get perfect audio using my Beats earbuds, but the microphone is...
  8. Xbox One Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller not working: I have tried everything. It is a new controller so can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/CrushingBlowBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9h25/xbox_one_controller_not_working/
  9. xbox one controller for windows 10

xbox one controller for windows 10: please help! everytime i try to connect my xbox one controller via bluetooth on my windows 10 desktop, it shows driver error. i dont know how to fix this. even when i connect it via usb, it shows device not recognizable... please help!...
  10. Xbox One controller is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller is not working: My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running the device troubleshooter, trying to use another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does xbox one controller works in old classic game

2. will an old xbox controllers work with windows 10