Windows 10: Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10

Discus and support Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an elite controller that I use on both my Xbox One X and PC running Windows 10. I use headphones with it by plugging directly into the 3.5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clintoman, Jan 20, 2019.

1. clintoman Win User

Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10

I have an elite controller that I use on both my Xbox One X and PC running Windows 10. I use headphones with it by plugging directly into the 3.5mm jack (no adapter) and it has been working just fine until recently. I found that I have no audio when using the controller on my PC. Windows does recognize that I plugged in my headphones, but I get no sound. I can get sound using my standard Xbox one controllers, or plugging into my headphone jack on my PC. Just not with my elite controller. I have tried the elite controller on my other PC's with Windows 10 and get the same results. When I use my controller with headphones on my Xbox, audio does work. I have tried updating firmware, but find that my controller is up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my controller and get the same results. I have tried multiple combinations of cables and USB ports and have the same results. I have not tried 2 things that would help narrow it down: 1- another elite controller (due to it being $150) 2- reinstalling windows (since I tested on another Win10 pc and it failed) I am very confused and at a loss at this point. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

clintoman, Jan 20, 2019

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Xbox One Elite Controller Drivers not working properly on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Xbox One Elite Controller on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below article try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2019
  4. kmezrin Win User

Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app.

Hear us, it is a massive problem on all Xbox Elite controllers on Windows 10 with Windows Anniversary update.

My controller works on Xbox console, it has the latest firmware update (checked on Xbox console) it works in games on Windows 10 itself, without the possibility to configure it in Xbox Accessories app. It is the problem between Windows 10 xbox accessories app,
    elite controller driver and firmware.

kmezrin, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox elite controller

2. Xbox elite controller not being detected by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox elite controller not being detected by windows 10: I have an xbox elite controller series 1, I recently connected it to a xbox series console and was asked to update it, at this point the controller was working perfectly fine on the console, however when I tried pluging it to a windows 10 PC the controller was not being...
  3. Windows audio and Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Windows audio and Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings - works with games for input and sound with USB connected. However cannot get sound with Bluetooth connection. The settings for audio input to xbox controller...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10: I bought an Elite Series 2 Controller. I have plugged it into three different Windows 10 PCs. I install the "Xbox Accesories" app. It says "connect controller". I do. "It says update required", I click on update. It goes to "Before you start..." and that's it... nothing....
  5. Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems: Hi, i have been running into the problem of connecting my Xbox One Elite Series 1 controller to my pc by a usb wire. I have tried many different wires and it still doesnt work and when I plug my controller in, the controller doesn't vibrate or turn on at all. I have tested my...
  6. Problem with Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Xbox one controller: So I have a dongle usb in order to play with my xbox controller without any cables. And it works and it does it properly. The problem is, when I connect my headset through cable to the jack connection the xbox controller has on the bottom part, my pc does not detect the...
  7. xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem

xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem: Controller will fail to connect with PC via Bluetooth after connecting it with micro-USB. I have to delete the Controller from Bluetooth and Other Devices and re-add for it to connect....
  8. Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.: I have an Xbox One Elite controller I'm trying to get to work with my windows 10 pc. When I plug it in it vibrates and lights up as it should and appears in device manager, but when I check properties none of the buttons respond. I've attempted to update the driver but it...
  9. Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues

Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues: Whenever i connect my controller per usb on my windows 10 desktop it registers that it connects via the sound on the computer but the actual controller doesnt turn on. When i look for the driver of the controller it says its having issues with the driver but doesnt let it...
  10. Xbox one elite controller

Xbox one elite controller: I updated the firmware on my Xbox one elite and xbox one controller. I have a wireless xbox adapter for windows. After updating each controller they no longer work with wireless. I tried updating the adapter and it is up to date?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one elite controller sound pc

2. xbox elite controller no sound

3. elite series 2 controller no sound

4. elite controller 2 pc audio,
  5. xbox controller on win 10 audio