Windows 10: Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i have been running into the problem of connecting my Xbox One Elite Series 1 controller to my pc by a usb wire. I have tried many different wires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NJDmarcus, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:57 PM.

1. NJDmarcus Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems

Hi, i have been running into the problem of connecting my Xbox One Elite Series 1 controller to my pc by a usb wire. I have tried many different wires and it still doesnt work and when I plug my controller in, the controller doesn't vibrate or turn on at all. I have tested my regular Xbox One controller with the same wire and it sometimes turns on, but I sometimes get a notification saying something is wrong with the USB. I am really stuck and I am not sure what to do to have my Xbox One Elite Series 1 controller to work again. I have looked into the device manager side of it and since me elite controller doesnt even respond I cant see if it is a driver issue or what.

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

:)

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:07 PM
  3. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems - Similar Threads - Xbox Elite Controller

2. Xbox one controller wired on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller wired on PC: Hi, So i connect my xbox one controller to my pc without a problem, plug and play. I use it on steam to play some games and for some reason whenever i hold the controller to 'flat' position it shuts itself off. When I hold the controller vertically in my hand i can play...
  3. Xbox elite controller connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox elite controller connection issue: Ok so I was playing Rocket League with my xbox elite controller connected wirelessly via the xbox usb bluetooth dongle on my Windows 10 PC. It had stopped vibrating so I figured maybe the battery was going to die soon so I connected a usb cable to it and none of the buttons...
  4. No xbox one controller/wire combo is connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No xbox one controller/wire combo is connecting to PC: I have tried different usb ports, different wires, and different controllers and none of them will connect. I tried restarting the PC and I downloaded the "Xbox accessories" app and nothing is fixing it. Out of options here. submitted by /u/ShuFu12 [link] [comments]...
  5. xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem

xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem: Controller will fail to connect with PC via Bluetooth after connecting it with micro-USB. I have to delete the Controller from Bluetooth and Other Devices and re-add for it to connect....
  6. Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20: Wired Xbox Elite Controller keeps jumping up and down when on the FIFA 20 game screen. I've uninstalled the drivers, restarted, updated Windows 10, everything. Was working OK'ish earlier, now the pad is in full meltdown, as if the left stick is constantly sending signals of...
  7. Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.: I have an Xbox One Elite controller I'm trying to get to work with my windows 10 pc. When I plug it in it vibrates and lights up as it should and appears in device manager, but when I check properties none of the buttons respond. I've attempted to update the driver but it...
  8. Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues

Xbox one elite controller USB driver issues: Whenever i connect my controller per usb on my windows 10 desktop it registers that it connects via the sound on the computer but the actual controller doesnt turn on. When i look for the driver of the controller it says its having issues with the driver but doesnt let it...
  9. Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10

Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10: I have an elite controller that I use on both my Xbox One X and PC running Windows 10. I use headphones with it by plugging directly into the 3.5mm jack (no adapter) and it has been working just fine until recently. I found that I have no audio when using the controller on my...
  10. Xbox one elite controller

Xbox one elite controller: I updated the firmware on my Xbox one elite and xbox one controller. I have a wireless xbox adapter for windows. After updating each controller they no longer work with wireless. I tried updating the adapter and it is up to date?...