Windows 10: XBox One Guide button

Discus and support XBox One Guide button in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated windows 10 on my computer to the newest build and of course, I immediately ran into MAJOR problems. First and foremost... It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Captain Greenhat, Dec 30, 2019.

1. XBox One Guide button

Hello, I recently updated windows 10 on my computer to the newest build and of course, I immediately ran into MAJOR problems. First and foremost... It is my computer Microsoft. If I have a button on a controller I WANT to use or a feature I do not want to use, I should be able to choose. I really despise the direction modern tech companies are going in this regard. Quit designing stuff for lazy morons, they can learn to do everything just like everyone else.

Anyways.....

I use a front end on my pc to launch games and media, on top of the front end I use a thing called rocket launcher that allows me to have universal controls of all media and applications. It adds stuff like universal controller profiles, universal pause screens, fancy load/exit screens, etc etc. RocketLauncher works just fine... MY CONTROLLER DOES NOT

The way I have it set up, button 11 on the controller the guide button is supposed to launch my "Pause Screen". It doesn't do this anymore. It launches the stupid game bar **** no one needed or asked for. I want to control the guide button and what it does or does not do. I also want an easy way to permanently disable stoopid features like the "game bar" but that is an entirely different topic

What I have tried...

I unselected "open game bar using this button on a controller", no fix

I turned off the game bar in settings/gaming, no fix but did re-allow other apps that used the guide button for a function to use it again

I downloaded Xbox Accessories and tried to reconfigure the controller to my liking

no fix, the guide button isn't even an option

Also it would be AMAZING if you could do keyboard binds to buttons. Thx for letting me set joystk inversion though

I tried to investigate the controller properties of the controller in "game controllers" from the devices and printers app

no fix, button 11 or anything relating to the guide button is even detected

I went into device manager and rolled back the drivers,

no fix

I went out and bought a Sony DS4 controller and I can configure their fake guide button just fine.

Notes:
    The button is there, the button lights up when the controller is on, the button flashes when looking for a bt connection, the button works on an Xbox one just fine, launchbox detects it as button 11 when binding, steam and retroarch detects it and uses it for their own dumb overlays which I have disabled now, All this leads me to believe that it is indeed Microsoft restricting me from configuring this button. Everything works as intended on my windows 7 machine and my wife's Windows 8 tablet. Windows 10 really does improve upon a lot of things but it fails in just about the same number of areas. Please quit trying to force people to use their computers how YOU think we should. Freedom MUST remain a top priority, otherwise, everything else is utterly pointless.

I really don't like using this ps4 controller, it feels wrong in my hands so hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

:)

Captain Greenhat, Dec 30, 2019

2. The Xbox guide won't open.Why?!

Hi Oliver,

An Xbox Live service interruption is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error: 0x8027025a when opening the Xbox guide. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status.

If you see any service alerts, kindly wait until the service is up and running and try again.

Solution 2: Start the app again. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select
      Home
    • With the focus on the app tile, select the Menu button.
    • Select Quit.

Solutions 3: Restart your console.

Reset the cache on your Xbox One console by following these steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Restart console.
    • Select Yes to confirm.

Solution 4: Reset your console to factory defaults. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Console info & updates.
    • Select Reset console. On the Reset console screen, select
      Reset and keep my games & apps.

Kindly provide us an update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 30, 2019
  3. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Dec 30, 2019
  4. XBox One Guide button

Xbox GUIDE Button is not working!

Hi Tarcisio,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Xbox Guide fails to work with Windows 10.

This issue is better suited in Xbox forum, we have a dedicated team to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same question in Xbox forum for further assistance.

Follow the below link to post your query in Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

XBox One Guide button

1. XBox One Guide button - Similar Threads - XBox Guide button

2. Gamebar not responding to xbox guide/share buttons on Windows 11 KB5034123

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar not responding to xbox guide/share buttons on Windows 11 KB5034123: Gamebar will not open or take screenshots when using the guide and share buttons on my xbox series controller on the latest Windows 11 update KB5034123. Also tried running the repair tool in the xbox app but no luck. Buttons are being detected in steams input test, and I can...
  3. Gamebar not responding to xbox guide/share buttons on Windows 11 KB5034123

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not responding to xbox guide/share buttons on Windows 11 KB5034123: Gamebar will not open or take screenshots when using the guide and share buttons on my xbox series controller on the latest Windows 11 update KB5034123. Also tried running the repair tool in the xbox app but no luck. Buttons are being detected in steams input test, and I can...
  4. Xbox One Controller Home button is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Controller Home button is not working: [ATTACH]Some users are experiencing a problem with Xbox One Controller Home button. When they press the Home button on their Xbox One Controller, nothing happens. If your Xbox One Controller Home button is not working, this article will show you how to deal with this problem....
  5. Xbox button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox button: is there a way to change on how i open the gamebar? for example, pressing the xbox button 2 times to open the gamebar or holding the xbox button submitted by /u/RevendGem [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icb6w5/xbox_button/
  6. Guide button doesn't work on any controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guide button doesn't work on any controller: I have a third party Steelseries controller as well as a Dualshock 4 that I use with Steam to play games. The guide buttons do not work on either of them. I have the XBOX Game Bar app set to open when I press the guide button, but nothing happens when I press it with the...
  7. Any guides on how to hook up 8 xbox one controllers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any guides on how to hook up 8 xbox one controllers?: I'm trying to hook up 8 xbox one controllers with usb when i do they all show up but only 4 work cant find any guides on it ? figured i could since the wireless adapter can connect to 8 controllers. Any help would be appreciated . thanks submitted by /u/DaveThornton...
  8. May 2020 Xbox One Update now available with Simpler Guide and More

in Windows 10 News
    May 2020 Xbox One Update now available with Simpler Guide and More: Here at Xbox we believe that gaming is for everyone. To serve both new Xbox gamers and longtime fans, our team has been hard at work streamlining and refining the Xbox experience. Driven by feedback from you, our worldwide community, we are excited to share some new updates...
  9. Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working: So my Xbox One S controller isnt working properly on my new MSI laptop, only buttons that work are LT, RT, And both of the sticks... X, Y, B, A dpad are completely unresponsive. It worked fine on my old PC. Ive tried different USB ports cables updating the drivers etc. but...
  10. Gamescom 2018 Xbox One Bundles and Accessories Guide

in Windows 10 News
    Gamescom 2018 Xbox One Bundles and Accessories Guide: You may have heard – at this year’s gamescom in Cologne, we announced eight new Xbox One bundles. In case that wasn’t enough, we also revealed three new Xbox Wireless Controller options, too. Whether you’re after the stunning Xbox One X Gold Rush Special Edition Battlefield V...