Windows 10: Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

Discus and support Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One S controller that I have been successfully using on my PC via Bluetooth that has encountered a truly maddening issue. After using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabeBest, Nov 17, 2018.

1. GabeBest Win User

Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

I have a Xbox One S controller that I have been successfully using on my PC via Bluetooth that has encountered a truly maddening issue. After using a USB cable from the controller to the PC to charge it, the controller would no longer connect via Bluetooth (a known issue from what I'm reading). However, this time after I removed the device from the Bluetooth device list, it will no longer appear on the Bluetooth device menu when attempting to pair.

I checked device manager and discovered that "Xbox One Wireless Controller" is still appearing under the Bluetooth tab so I deleted the device there as well. It will still not detect the device and after restarting the computer it automatically reappears in the Device Manager yet again. Finally I decided to delete the registry entry for the Xbox controller to truly rid it's memory of the controller, which I believe is why it's ignoring the controller in the first place and alas, it is just recreating the registry entry after restart. I don't have the knowledge to understand what is happening and hope someone can help me.

The same Bluetooth adapter and controller connect immediately on my other computer so both pieces of hardware are fine.

Does my computer think it's already paired to device somehow (doesn't show on Bluetooth page but still shows on device manager) and is ignoring it on the pairing list? How do I fix this?

Please help!

:)

GabeBest, Nov 17, 2018

2. Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Nov 17, 2018
  3. Acelyn Alc, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

1. Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue - Similar Threads - Xbox Bluetooth Connection

2. Xbox one s bluetooth connect to pc but buttons don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s bluetooth connect to pc but buttons don't work: When connecting by cable, it works fine, but when connect by bluetooth, the buttons don't work, does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-s-bluetooth-connect-to-pc-but-buttons/8018d5c1-06ba-4800-a40b-1f91c1005de7
  3. Xbox one s bluetooth connect to pc but buttons don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one s bluetooth connect to pc but buttons don't work: When connecting by cable, it works fine, but when connect by bluetooth, the buttons don't work, does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-s-bluetooth-connect-to-pc-but-buttons/8018d5c1-06ba-4800-a40b-1f91c1005de7
  4. Xbox one s bluetooth connect to pc but buttons don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue: Hello everyone. Today I fixed an XBox Controller and it seems to work fine. I tried first using two AA batteries and connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth, and it worked; I also tried connecting the controller to my PC via cable and same thing. But, as soon as I go to...
  6. Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues

Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues: So I recently bought a white wireless Xbox One S controller brand new and it works perfectly fine on my xbox. I connected it onto my computer wirelessly and it was working fine for around 5-10 minutes then the controller would move on its own and not allow me to press...
  7. PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues

PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues: Hello, I have a bluetooth enabled windows 10 pc that seems to be connecting to other devices through bluetooth fine. I have been using my xbox one controller with my pc for a while now. However, a few days ago it stopped pairing with my pc. I try to pair them in the bluetooth...
  8. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  9. Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth

Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth: So... I bough a brand new original xbox one s controller (with bluetooth version) so that I could play with it on my pc (Windows 10 with latest updates). I also bough a usb bluetooth dongle from Amazon so that I could play wireless but I am unable to connect it to my pc....
  10. Xbox One S Controller - Cable to Bluetooth issues

Xbox One S Controller - Cable to Bluetooth issues: Can someone explain to my WHY the Xbox One S controller isn't recognized anymore by Windows 10 Bluetooth after unplugging it with the USB cable. If i run out of batteries and i use the controller with a Cable it works fine but, when i put batteries back on... the Controller...