Windows 10: Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

Discus and support Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I could connect my controller via Bluetooth. However, when I tried connecting the controller it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by THEAXE, Jun 29, 2020.

1. THEAXE Win User

Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

I recently got a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I could connect my controller via Bluetooth. However, when I tried connecting the controller it asked for a pin, as far as I know, my controller didn't come with a pin. So, I updated the controller firmware and it still wouldn't work, I ran my Bluetooth troubleshooter and it said everything is fine. My Windows OS is 10 and is updated to its latest version, I don't know what to, I tried default codes such as "12345" and "0000" but they didn't work, I even tried adding the device through "devices and printers" and it still didn't work, can someone please help.

:)

THEAXE, Jun 29, 2020

2. Xbox One S controller PIN

Hi,

If you haven't set up a PIN code for your Xbox One S controller yet you're being asked for one, it may be due to an incorrect set up of the Bluetooth settings. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller.

Kindly update us with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jun 29, 2020
  3. SiruX21 Win User
    Xbox One S controller PIN

Hi my Xbox One S controller suddenly asked for a pin when connecting to bluetooth in my PC, how do i solve this, I just connected the controller and it asked for a PIN.

SiruX21, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

Xbox one S controller PIN win10

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're asked to enter a PIN code when connecting your
    Xbox One S Controller on Windows 10 is due to a corrupted device driver. For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried connecting the controller to a different device and check if the same issue occurs?
    • Is this the first time you're trying to connect your controller to your computer via Bluetooth?
    • Did you set up a PIN code on this controller before?

In the meantime, we recommend running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. This can help restore corrupted device driver. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

If the same issue occurs, kindly proceed with removing and re-adding the controller. Refer to the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Select Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Select the controller, then choose Remove device.
    • Select Yes.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

1. Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle. - Similar Threads - Xbox controller asks

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  6. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  7. Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...: Hi, I've been trying to pair my bluetooth controller EVO VG010 to my laptop. I can connect my bluetooth controller without a PIN when I use built in Intel Bluetooth Adapter. I started using a bluetooth dongle because the default bluetooth adapter had some delay for any kind...
  8. Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues

Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues: So I recently bought a white wireless Xbox One S controller brand new and it works perfectly fine on my xbox. I connected it onto my computer wirelessly and it was working fine for around 5-10 minutes then the controller would move on its own and not allow me to press...
  9. Xbox one controller bluetooth connection asks PIN but refuses to work win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller bluetooth connection asks PIN but refuses to work win 10: I bought Xbox controller but bluetooth connection with PC asks for PIN code that never works. I have tried 0000 and 1234 and few others. "Add device" and "add bluetooth device" actions only answer "That didn't work" or "Your game controller quit waiting. Try adding it again"....
  10. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...