Windows 10: Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.

Discus and support Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just purchased an Xbox One controller to use with my gaming rig but I've noticed severe FPS drops in certain games like Destiny 2 when connected over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lemonl1m3, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.

I just purchased an Xbox One controller to use with my gaming rig but I've noticed severe FPS drops in certain games like Destiny 2 when connected over bluetooth.

I have a dedicated PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth adapter and never had this issue with a Dualshock 4. Is this normal? I got an Xbox controller because I figured it would work better on PC but so far that hasn't been the case. I have tried completely reinstalling bluetooth drivers and it still happens. It's a new controller so fresh batteries, and again this issue didn't happen on a Dualshock 4.

submitted by /u/lemonl1m3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lemonl1m3, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Trumad Win User

Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread:

Xbox One S controller causing major performance problems in many games when connected via bluetooth. Need dev attention. Widespread, many examples within.

When the xbox One controller is connected via bluetooth, some games experience severe FPS lag, especially when the connection between the controller and bluetooth receiver is blocked by something physical.

Please fix this, rather than just locking threads with no response.

Edit: I found a workaround while we wait for Microsoft not to respond!

Trumad, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 20, 2020
  4. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

I have had the exact same thing happen. I use a battery pack in my Xbox One Controller on Windows 10 and it works completely fine. The FPS drops to unimaginable levels as just before the battery is going to die. As long as the battery has juice or the
    controller is plugged in everything is fine. Maybe your issue is related to that.

DexLuther, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.

1. Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth. - Similar Threads - Xbox controller causing

2. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  3. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  4. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  5. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  6. Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10: Hi All, I'm posting this in response to the vast amounts of other users having reported the exact same issue and spending countless hours troubleshooting/ trying "fixes" to no result. So essentially the issue presents itself as the title suggests, after 5+ mins of game...
  7. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  8. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  9. Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth

Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth: So... I bough a brand new original xbox one s controller (with bluetooth version) so that I could play with it on my pc (Windows 10 with latest updates). I also bough a usb bluetooth dongle from Amazon so that I could play wireless but I am unable to connect it to my pc....
  10. Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller causing FPS lag: My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f Please fix this, rather than just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. destiny 2 fps drops when using bluetooth controller