Windows 10: Xbox One S controller driver problem!

Discus and support Xbox One S controller driver problem! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey. I have a Xbox One S controller so I can connect it to PC with Bluetooth. But in device manager when I connect it with USB cable the controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soroush Sheykhzadeh, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Xbox One S controller driver problem!

Hey.

I have a Xbox One S controller so I can connect it to PC with Bluetooth.

But in device manager when I connect it with USB cable the controller is showing as " XINPUT compatible HID device" ! Not Xbox One (s) Controller and when I'm connecting it through Bluetooth it shows as " Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device "

Even when I click on Update Driver through searching online nothing changes and it says that it's updated.

Before the new build update it was Xbox One Controller, but now, the name is missing, and I'm afraid that the abilities of the device is not being used completely too!

:)

Soroush Sheykhzadeh, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

XBox One Controller driver problem

Hi jaKiT0,

Normally, Windows 10 will install the latest driver needed for your Xbox One Controller once it connected via USB cable. Based on the information that you provided, I'm suspecting that the issue could be either the Xbox Accessories app on your computer or
    a corrupted driver file stored on it. To better assist you, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you confirm if both controllers work fine on your brother's computer?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the Xbox Accessories app on your computer?
    • Can you also tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far when you contacted the Windows Support?

Ariel Acu, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jul 5, 2018
  4. jaKiT0 Win User

Xbox One S controller driver problem!

XBox One Controller driver problem

I just got a XBox One controller and Windows didn't detect it when I plugged it in. This issue is present regardless of the controller (my brother got another one) and is only happening on my computer (my brother is doing fine). I'm connecting it via a Micro
    USB cable (the cable works fine with other devices or connecting the controller to my brother's PC).

The controller vibrates, and the light flashes a few times before shutting down. Device Manager states a "driver problem" and updating drivers doesn't work.

I read a thread with a similar issue, and it was solved by manually updating drivers, selecting "Microsoft Xbox One Controller". That option does not appear on my list (similar options, like "XBox One Controller" do appear, but don't work; the point is to
    choose "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" specifically).

Of course, Windows support was no use at all, suggesting I used the XBox Accessories application, which I did. The app just launches and tells me to "Connect an Xbox One controller to start".

I finally succeeded by downloading the Windows 7/8 drivers. Games and system seem to recognize the controller now. Still, the XBox Accesories application doesn't, displaying the same text. I thought "ok, let's update drivers now" and -boom- blue screen.

I had to uninstall and reinstall drivers to get it working again.

Though games do recognize the controller, I want to have access to all features of a One controller, namely the XBox Accesories app (which I understand will let me remap the controller) and updated and functioning drivers, since it is what I paid for.

Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

jaKiT0, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One S controller driver problem!

1. Xbox One S controller driver problem! - Similar Threads - Xbox controller driver

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX ONE S controller BT

XBOX ONE S controller BT: Hello, i have a Xbox one s controller with bluetooth and have a problem with it... i pair it to a 4.0 dongle i have and it keeps paired but 30m/1hour later it starts to lagg alot and sometimes disconnects. i'have updated the controller sofware from microsoft tools....
  5. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  6. Problems with Xbox One S controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Xbox One S controller on Windows 10: I figured i would ask this here as i have seen dozens of "solutions" and none worked. So i have a Xbox One S Wireless controller, which worked fine on all PCs i played games on,and i think after some Windows 10 update i got this problem : Unknown USB Device(Device descriptor...
  7. Xbox One S controller problems on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One S controller problems on Windows 10: I figured i would ask this here as i have seen dozens of "solutions" and none worked. So i have a Xbox One S Wireless controller, which worked fine on all PCs i played games on, and i think after some Windows 10 update i got this problem : Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor...
  8. Problem with Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Xbox one controller: So I have a dongle usb in order to play with my xbox controller without any cables. And it works and it does it properly. The problem is, when I connect my headset through cable to the jack connection the xbox controller has on the bottom part, my pc does not detect the...
  9. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  10. Xbox One Controller Drivers

Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....