Windows 10: Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it...

Discus and support Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone explain to my WHY the Xbox One S controller isn't recognized anymore by Windows 10 Bluetooth after unplugging it with the USB cable. If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by powerhousepr, May 20, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it...

Can someone explain to my WHY the Xbox One S controller isn't recognized anymore by Windows 10 Bluetooth after unplugging it with the USB cable.

If i run out of batteries and i use the controller with a Cable it works fine but, when i put batteries back on... the Controller doesn't connect with the computer even when the device is already Paired.

I have to remove device and connect again in order to get it to work, i mean why?

***Modified Title from: Xbox One S Controller – Cable to Bluetooth issues***

:)

powerhousepr, May 20, 2019
  2. BGD1968 Win User

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi,

I've got a new Alienware desktop running Win 10 Home x64. Bluetooth appears to be working, but I'm not getting the Xbox One Elite Controller in the list of available devices when I attempt the pairing. The light on the controller flashes normally when I
    press the pairing button, but on the PC, I'm only getting four or five generic 'unknown' devices. I've tried a few, but none will connect.

To troubleshoot, I unplugged the power from the Xbox, just to make sure there wasn't a pairing conflict between the game console and Windows. Doesn't help. I've also tried pairing in the new Win 10 interface, as well as through NCPA.cpl.

When I get home, I'm going to try pairing the controller with another computer, but I'm also interested in any suggestions this community can provide.

Regards,

Brad

BGD1968, May 20, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 20, 2019
  4. Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it...

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it...

1. Xbox One S Controller is not getting connected even if it is paired, after unplugging it... - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller getting

2. Xbox one controller S won't pair with Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller S won't pair with Windows 10 computer: My new bluetooth controller worked perfectly out of the box then the controller went to sleep and I was never able to connect it again. I tried pairing it again and now it will show up as Input instead of xbox controller and will not pair....
  3. Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues

Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues: So I recently bought a white wireless Xbox One S controller brand new and it works perfectly fine on my xbox. I connected it onto my computer wirelessly and it was working fine for around 5-10 minutes then the controller would move on its own and not allow me to press...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting: Hi all, My Xbox One controller will not properly connect to my PC, and I intend to use it for gaming. This controller is completely functional with my Xbox, and has no other issues. 6-8 months ago, the controller connected and functioned without issue. I disconnected it...
  5. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired: Hi, my expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired), however, it doesn't work for me. Light on the controller is flashing steadily but it never connects. Controller works fine...
  7. Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.: I have an Xbox One Wireless controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. It's annoying to have to stop a game because the battery dies, so I plug it in via USB and then charge it on my charging stand overnight. When I notice the battery is getting low, I'll plug...
  8. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  9. Xbox One S controller won't re-pair with bluetooth after turninig off

Xbox One S controller won't re-pair with bluetooth after turninig off: When I tried to connect the controller via bluetooth it worked perfectly, but when the controller remained inactive for a while it auto turned off. After it did that I could not get it to work. It wouldnt sync back to the bluetooth, so, after trying to re-sync it a couple of...
  10. Xbox One S controller driver problem!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One S controller driver problem!: Hey. I have a Xbox One S controller so I can connect it to PC with Bluetooth. But in device manager when I connect it with USB cable the controller is showing as " XINPUT compatible HID device" ! Not Xbox One (s) Controller and when I'm connecting it through Bluetooth it...