Windows 10: Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything)

Discus and support Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've bought a Xbox One S controller which has Bluetooth support and my reason was to use it with my PC. But no matter how many times I go through it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hidden_Iye, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything)

I've bought a Xbox One S controller which has Bluetooth support and my reason was to use it with my PC. But no matter how many times I go through it the controller will never pair with my PC. It'll get stuck at 'Connecting' in my Bluetooth/add device settings in my control panel. My windows version is 18362.

So, I've been surfing the internet the entire day yesterday searching for any solutions, there were many but none of them helped me yet.

The dongle I'm using is CSR Bluetooth 4.0, I've bought 2 of them but none of them worked. The case is always in between 2 options whether the connection will timeout while showing 'connecting' or it'll say 'check the pin and try again'.

The methods I've tried so far:

1.Tried plugging in the controller with USB (it works perfectly), updated the firmware through Xbox Accessories app.

2. Restarted the controller by taking out the batteries multiple times.

3. Checked the windows drivers for my dongles. Tried with both drivers one that came with the dongle and windows default.

4. Changed my dongle without any results (can anyone please link me a working dongle for the controller)

5. The controller is pairing flawlessly with my phone's Bluetooth

6. Tried on another PC without any results

7. While using Bluetooth 2.0 dongle (yes I've bought the 3rd dongle) the controller always asks for a pin, for that I've restarted the controller gave it some time in between restarts and tried again without any results.

8. Changed my USB cable and updated the firmware again (it always says the firmware is up to date)

9. Tried removing the drivers completely, plugged in the dongle fresh for Windows to reinstall its own drivers, restarted and tried again.

My whole day ruined and I'm at my last point of giving up I really don't want to buy a receiver atm. Any help will be appreciated from the bottom of my heart. Thank you

:)

Hidden_Iye, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Acelyn Alc, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything)

Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC  (Tried Everything) 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything)

1. Xbox One S Controller not connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC (Tried Everything) - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller connecting

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  6. xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth: wonder if people can help, i have an xbox one for PC controller ( don't own an xbox) and the controller keeps disconnecting from bluetooth, it pairs fine* but then after about 10-15 minutes will disconnect and then not reconnect, also if the remote powers off and i then turn...
  7. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  8. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  9. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  10. Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth

Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth: So... I bough a brand new original xbox one s controller (with bluetooth version) so that I could play with it on my pc (Windows 10 with latest updates). I also bough a usb bluetooth dongle from Amazon so that I could play wireless but I am unable to connect it to my pc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller windows 10 1909 not connecting

2. xbox one not connecting to windows 10 bluetooth

3. xbox controller not connecting windows 10

4. windows 10 xbox controller not connecting,
  5. windows not connecting to xbox controller,
  6. windows 10 bluetooth not connecting to xbox controller