Windows 10: Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

Discus and support Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by funk x30, Aug 29, 2020.

1. funk x30 Win User

Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller.

I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It reads that I have one plugged in on Xbox accessories and gamepad testing sites, but whenever I launch a game it won't work until I close out of the game. I've tried updating the drivers in device manager and it still doesn't work. This is also any game I launch from Steam or from any other source, just no dice.

Thanks for any input.

:)

funk x30, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 29, 2020
  3. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

1. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC

Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC: I use my controller fairly regularly on games, and recently when I plugged in my controller via usb cable, the controller vibrates but does not turn on. I've tried using other USB ports, cables, and controllers to no avail. I've checked my device management too, and it does...
  6. Xbox One S controller not working in game

Xbox One S controller not working in game: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  7. Xbox One controller not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not working on PC: I've had this problem for a while, but even after getting a new computer I still find that my Xbox One controller doesn't work with either of my PCs. Changing USB wires does nothing and my drivers are up to date. Weirdly it vibrates when plugged in, but nothing happens...
  8. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  9. Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working: So my Xbox One S controller isnt working properly on my new MSI laptop, only buttons that work are LT, RT, And both of the sticks... X, Y, B, A dpad are completely unresponsive. It worked fine on my old PC. Ive tried different USB ports cables updating the drivers etc. but...
  10. xbox one controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one controller not working in game: I have the latest imac and downloaded windows 10 on it to play some games. I am using an xboc one wired controller that seems to work on the PC through testing and through STEAM however when I open up the game it doesn't work in game!!! the middle X button is the only button...