Windows 10: Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my Xbox One S controller isnt working properly on my new MSI laptop, only buttons that work are LT, RT, And both of the sticks... X, Y, B, A dpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PCplayerr, May 9, 2020.

1. PCplayerr Win User

Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

So my Xbox One S controller isnt working properly on my new MSI laptop, only buttons that work are LT, RT, And both of the sticks... X, Y, B, A dpad are completely unresponsive. It worked fine on my old PC. Ive tried different USB ports cables updating the drivers etc. but nothing seems to help.

Ive tested it in games and in the controller test app. I hope some of you can help before i refund the laptop, thanks.

:)

PCplayerr, May 9, 2020
  2. Pegadroid Win User

RT/LT button xbox 360 controller PC windows 10

when tested in game control settings (windows) RT button have step Acceleration
    but when test in game Dirt 3, when driving, RT button not have step Acceleration, when I hit the half or full result is the same

what is wrong with my controller settings?
    or not work on windows 10?

Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working [​IMG]

Pegadroid, May 9, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, May 9, 2020
  4. Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

This thread from Reddit may help you. It appears that the Xbox One controllers can utilize two drivers; Xbox One Controller, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

The thread has other troubleshooting steps, but the two main (and most popular/successful steps appear to be as follows)

Method 1

Method 2

Hopefully this helps. If not, there's something else awry, and other troubleshooting may be needed.

EDIT: Per the asker's request;

I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a weird side effect of changing the drivers version forward and backward again. When connected via USB cable it said "Xbox controller", changed that to "Xbox gaming device", unplugged the USB cable, and the wireless stuff started to work for whatever reason... No idea why!

Kaizerwolf, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working

1. Xbox One S Controller Some Buttons Not Working - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Buttons

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. Xbox One Controller Home button is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Controller Home button is not working: [ATTACH]Some users are experiencing a problem with Xbox One Controller Home button. When they press the Home button on their Xbox One Controller, nothing happens. If your Xbox One Controller Home button is not working, this article will show you how to deal with this problem....
  5. XBOX ONE S controller BT

XBOX ONE S controller BT: Hello, i have a Xbox one s controller with bluetooth and have a problem with it... i pair it to a 4.0 dongle i have and it keeps paired but 30m/1hour later it starts to lagg alot and sometimes disconnects. i'have updated the controller sofware from microsoft tools....
  6. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  7. Xbox One S controller not working in game

Xbox One S controller not working in game: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  8. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  9. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  10. Xbox One S controller driver problem!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One S controller driver problem!: Hey. I have a Xbox One S controller so I can connect it to PC with Bluetooth. But in device manager when I connect it with USB cable the controller is showing as " XINPUT compatible HID device" ! Not Xbox One (s) Controller and when I'm connecting it through Bluetooth it...