Windows 10: Xbox One Wireless Adapter Disconnection Issues

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Adapter Disconnection Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Earlier this month I purchased the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, and within the first week of using it I have had no issues at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xicor66, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Xicor66 Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter Disconnection Issues

Hello!

Earlier this month I purchased the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, and within the first week of using it I have had no issues at all. However, during my second week I installed a wireless network card with an internal bluetooth connector and noticed that my Xbox One controller's connection started to drop multiple times whenever I am playing a game. Unplugging the adapter and plugging it back in works at times as well as restarting my PC, except my controller still drops out every 15 minutes or so even after restarting it.

The measures I have taken so far include the following:

1 Uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers

2 Updating the controller firmware

3 Disabling all of the sleep, power, and wake options for the adapter via device manager

4 Updating Windows currently using version 20H2 with build 19042.685

5 Keeping my wireless network and bluetooth drivers updated

6 Changing the band of my network card to 5ghz so it's not on the same channel as the adapter's 2.4ghz

7 Ensuring that the line of sight is clear as well as no interfering metals

8 Using USB 2.0 instead of 3.0/3.1

Specs:

AMD Athlon 3000G

Gigabyte b450 DS3H

G.Skill Aegis 16gb 2x8 DDR4

Team GX2 512gb 2.5 SSD

Sapphire Platinum Radeon RX 470

DIYPC F2 MicroATX mini case

EVGA BR 500w 80+ Bronze PSU

This is the network card I am using:

Fenvi fv-ax3000 wifi 6.0 adapter with bluetooth

I have not tried using the Xbox Wireless Adapter without the network card after I installed it, but I will give it a try if none of the potential recommendations work. Over the past week I've been looking for a fix across Microsoft, Steam, and Reddit in order to solve my problem, except I can't find any fairly new posts which highlight this issue with more recent Windows versions. Also, I checked the official Microsoft support page regarding the wireless adapter, and none of these methods help as I sit 6 feet away from the adapter with no obstruction in addition to my drivers being updated.

I would like to believe that the problem is with the adapter itself, except the adapter reconnects on its own at times after disconnecting and seems to be in good condition. The biggest issue regarding this is that whenever it does disconnect, there is a 5-10 second delay before I can start using it again, and restarting my PC or reconnecting the adapter whenever this occurs is extremely tedious. My controller works just fine on my Xbox One, so I know it's not the controller itself.

In other words, are there any other options I could try?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Xicor66, Dec 22, 2020
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox One Wireless Adapter Disconnection Issues - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. Xbox wireless adapter for Windows disconnect fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter for Windows disconnect fix?: I've used the adapter *both old style, and now the smaller style for years generally without issue, however recently I am unable to get it to pair with my controller on any consistent basis. IF I do actually get it to pair, it will not reconnect after restarting Windows the...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter for Windows disconnect fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless adapter for Windows disconnect fix?: I've used the adapter *both old style, and now the smaller style for years generally without issue, however recently I am unable to get it to pair with my controller on any consistent basis. IF I do actually get it to pair, it will not reconnect after restarting Windows the...
  4. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.: Since the update yesterday my system has stopped recognizing the driver for my adapter and none of the normal steps searching for it on the computer, deleting, rebooting, and letting it reinstall, and trying different usb slots have worked. I mentioned this on twitter and one...
  5. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.: Since the update yesterday my system has stopped recognizing the driver for my adapter and none of the normal steps searching for it on the computer, deleting, rebooting, and letting it reinstall, and trying different usb slots have worked. I mentioned this on twitter and one...
  6. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?: The controller works perfectly on my PC, but there's just one issue(see video), sometimes when I start or restart my PC it just keeps disconnecting and connecting. To fix this I just have to pull out the adapter and connect it again. My pc spec is RX 6800, 5600x, TUF GAMING...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter Disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Disconnect: So I recently got a wireless adapter for my controller. It is a 3rd party by Cipon but this problem seems widespread with official products as well. It seems to regularly discconect from my controller about 10-30 minutes, from what I can tell my computer is turning off or...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter issue

Xbox wireless adapter issue: I have been using an Xbox One wireless controller with my PC for about 6 months now. Originally i was using it wired via USB but I purchased a second hand official adapter after issues with the charger port. After syncing first time it worked perfectly and all I had to do...
  10. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...