Windows 10: Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I have my Xbox One wireless controller plugged in to my PC, it charges but it doesn't connect or show up as a wired gamepad. The guide button just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GuyInDogSuit, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on

When I have my Xbox One wireless controller plugged in to my PC, it charges but it doesn't connect or show up as a wired gamepad. The guide button just repeatedly blinks as if Bluetooth doesn't work while plugged in, even after charging for a while, or even if it's fully charged. I've also tried pressing the connection button on top, and it doesn't show up in BT devices, still. And I've checked the Xbox Accessories app, too; says to connect an Xbox One controller. Once I unplug it, it will connect to Bluetooth again just fine. How do I use it while it's connected to the PC, like a wired controller?

I'm using the Play and Charge Kit. I'm also on the October Windows 10 update, but it's been doing this ever since I bought the controller last year.

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 6, 2018

2. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 6, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

Thema:

Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller charges via PC USB but won't turn on - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Controller

2. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  3. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  4. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  6. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox one controller not recognized via usb on pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not recognized via usb on pc windows 10: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  9. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  10. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken: -Checked device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox one controller wont turn on via usb

2. PC usb controller wont turn on

3. usb wireless controller usb wont turn on

4. controller wont turn on but charges in pc