Windows 10: Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here's the problems I'm having: The gamepad will sporadically either turn off xbox light off, or lose connection xbox light flashing. This happens both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathan2014, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

Here's the problems I'm having:
    The gamepad will sporadically either turn off xbox light off, or lose connection xbox light flashing. This happens both when I'm running a game, and when I alt tab out of a game. This is an Xbox One wireless controller old model, no bluetooth, connected via the micro usb cable.

This problem has only started happening in the last week or so. I've been through many guides on this problem over the last few hours, but have been unable to find a solution.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to identify the cause of the connection loss, and how to establish a reliable connection.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

1. disabled power saving on gamepad
    2. disabled power saving on usb ports
    3. uninstalled nvidia geforce experience
    4. restarted computer.
    5. restarted steam
    6. updated controller firmware via xbox accessories app
    7. updated windows 10

Notes:

1. Many guides suggest that the "Nvidia wireless controller service" service can cause this problem. Not sure if this service is still used, but if so, I am unable to locate it to stop the service.

:)

Nathan2014, Jul 21, 2020

2. Xbox One gamepads doesn't work anymore with wireless adapter

Hello all. Almost 6 months ago after some windows 10 update I've noticed that my XBox one gamepads stoped working with PC. It can't bind to the wireless adapter (this one: Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter for Windows 10 | Xbox).

And I've been trying to reinstall drivers, install older drivers and doing all the stuff that I can but still couldn't make it work though.

I also have older wireless adapter (the big one) and it doesn't work either. I tried to bind the same wireless adapters on another windows 10 machine (even on 2 different machines btw, laptop and desktop) and both adapters worked fine! So the problem is
    only on my personal destkop.

I've also tried to use USB2.0 ports and still doesn't work.

My configuration:

Windows 10 Pro 2004 (build 19041.21)

CPU: Core i7-7700k 4.20 (working at stock, not overclocked)

GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti (also stock)

RAM: 2xDDR4 16GB Kingston (2666mHz, not overclocked)

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z270E (with latest bios)

Problem: Xbox One gamepad doesn't bind to wireless adapters. It stays on infinite search (both leds on a gamepad and on a wireless adapter is blinking and then just stop blinking). I've tried different Xbox One gamepads ( I have 4 of them ) and still no
    luck.

Maybe someone from here had the same pb?

Jazin Bazin, Jul 21, 2020
  3. J0e3gan Win User
    Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 Not Working with Windows 10

After more digging, I learned in Logitech's support forums that others have this issue too, also that no one has a solution there either.

After even more digging, I found a fix, which I detailed there and below for completeness.

Microsoft Community Solution

TheTexanGamer's Microsoft Community solution to a similar issue with an Xbox 360 wireless controller and Windows 10 seems to have resolved the problem for me: Xbox 360 wireless controller not working/connecting on windows 10

I had to follow the steps outlined in TheTexanGamer's answer with the F710 in XInput mode:

Results

Screenshots of the results I got follow.

Figure 1: Windows Device Manager After Following TheTexanGamer's Steps<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 bIHSo.png

The Game Controllers control panel tells the rest of the story afterward.

Figure 2: Game Controllers Control Panel (joy.cpl)<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 8ZEeq.png

Figure 3: Game Controllers > Advanced<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 KJLXN.png

Figure 4: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 Hu4Y9.png

Figure 5: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – D-Pad Pressed Up-Left<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 bW1mc.png

Figure 6: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – X Button Pressed<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 1wT56.png

Figure 7: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Left Thumbstick Held Up-Left<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 0uNiF.png

Figure 8: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Right Thumbstick Held Down-Right<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 9Q24d.png

Figure 9: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – LT Button Pressed<br/>

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 HjQKp.png

Possible Lingering Issues

• The LT and RT buttons affecting Z Axis in the Game Controllers control panel? That does not seem right to me, but maybe I am mistaken.
    • DirectInput? The above solution did not work for me until I switched the gamepad to XInput mode.

J0e3gan, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Wolfpig Win User

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

Xbox one Gamepad home/guide button not working anymore

Hi.

Sorry if this was already asked (the search did not really showed anything up).

Since the th2 Update of Windows 10 the home/guide Button on the gamepad is not working/detected anymore by the system, most likely caused as the gamepad now is only detected as an x-input compatible hid device and not as a xbox one gamepad.

It may not be a big problem, but software which utilises it (like steam for entering the bpm etc.) cant be used anymore that way.

Is there any way to let windows recocnize it again correctly?

Gamepad is connected trough the wireless adapter for windows if it matters.

Wolfpig, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

1. Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox wireless gamepad

2. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.: Since the update yesterday my system has stopped recognizing the driver for my adapter and none of the normal steps searching for it on the computer, deleting, rebooting, and letting it reinstall, and trying different usb slots have worked. I mentioned this on twitter and one...
  3. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.: Since the update yesterday my system has stopped recognizing the driver for my adapter and none of the normal steps searching for it on the computer, deleting, rebooting, and letting it reinstall, and trying different usb slots have worked. I mentioned this on twitter and one...
  4. The wireless gamepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    The wireless gamepad not working: I have a wireless game controller. Hama urage vendetta 2. When I connect to my PC Ashrock b450m pro4 motherboard, the PC recognizes, says everything Ok, but when I try the test at gamepad settings, nothing happens. I think the pc recognize the usb stick, but the controller...
  5. Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows

Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows: I have connected in the above adaptor since reinstalling the latest version of windows and the PC is failing to recognise the device as being plugged in. It isn't appearing in device manager and no new device notification plays when it is connected. I have tried it in...
  6. Wireless gamepad not working

Wireless gamepad not working: I recently purchased an easysmx ESM-9101 wireless gamepad to use with my laptop. Plugged it in yesterday and it was working fine, automatically installed drivers and worked great. Went to play today and it will not work. I have tried re-installing the driver but it does...
  7. Wireless gamepad not working

Wireless gamepad not working: I have bought 2 wireless game controller. Hama urage vendetta 2 It works perfect with my laptop. Real plug and play. When I connect to my PC MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard, the PC recognizes, says everything Ok, but when I try the test at gamepad settings, nothing happens....
  8. Xbox One gamepads doesn't work anymore with wireless adapter

Xbox One gamepads doesn't work anymore with wireless adapter: Hello all. Almost 6 months ago after some windows 10 update I've noticed that my XBox one gamepads stoped working with PC. It can't bind to the wireless adapter this one: https://www.xbox.com/ru-RU/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows. And I've been...
  9. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Adapters stopped working on Windows 10

Xbox One Wireless Adapters stopped working on Windows 10: So I own both the older and newer version of the Xbox wireless adapters. I tried to connect to them today, and neither adapter works, even after uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling, and neither my two Elite controllers or 6 Xbox One controllers work, which is very...