Windows 10: Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005

Discus and support Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to switch my c: drive which is my SSD to my d: drive which is my HDD for the Xbox pc game app so I can download my games on the d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KerklandBond, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005

Hello,

I'm trying to switch my c: drive which is my SSD to my d: drive which is my HDD for the Xbox pc game app so I can download my games on the d drive. Here's what happens in detail, I click on the "windows start" button, then click on the "settings" button, then click onto the "storage" button, then click onto the "change where new content is saved" button, then I click the local disk c: under the "new apps will save to:" title and try to switch it to HDD D: I get this error. "We couldn't set your default save location. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The Error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it."

Now before I made this post I've searched for HOURS all over Google, YouTube, and Reddit for troubleshooting solutions and most of them said it was an administrator security issue. I checked my administrator privileges and they were branded as "full control." I also tried doing stuff with the command prompt but that didn't work either. I also tried making a new folder in my d: drive titled "windows games" and dropping my "windows app" folder into it, because apparently having the same-named folder gives windows a difficult time reading it? It doesn't really matter though because that didn't work either. My storage devices aren't broken either so don't even bother suggesting/asking me that question. I've tried a TON of stuff but those are just three examples but If asked I can provide more detail. I apologize too if I have an attitude as well; I've been trying to fix this issue for MANY hours and I cannot find a solution. I've seen a lot of people too all over the internet who are in the same situation as me and they typically just let their post die with zero solution. I doubt I'll get any help with my post either but I figured I'd at least give it a try.

I'd also like to thank whoever took the time to read this post and if you have any questions or suggestions, please, feel free to drop a reply below.

:)

KerklandBond, Oct 15, 2020

2. Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. missgiri Win User
    Error code: 0x80070005 - 0xA001A

Trying to download windows 10 to a media device (USB) for installation on another PC and keep getting this error. Am wondering if I should be following the steps suggested for error code: 0x80070005-0xA0019 ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

missgiri, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005

Mel Tar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005

1. Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Xbox App Storage

2. Xbox App installation error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App installation error 0x80070005: When I try to download the Xbox app for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store or Xbox website download link, I recieve the error code 0x80070005 in both, I don't have any problem downloading any other apps from the Microsoft Store, this error only applies to the Xbox App. I...
  3. Xbox App installation error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App installation error 0x80070005: When I try to download the Xbox app for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store or Xbox website download link, I recieve the error code 0x80070005 in both, I don't have any problem downloading any other apps from the Microsoft Store, this error only applies to the Xbox App. I...
  4. Error Code: 0x80070005 When trying to install games on Xbox App Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x80070005 When trying to install games on Xbox App Win10: Recently built a PC and after getting everything set up and ready to go, I was originally unable to download the xbox app from the microsoft store, receiving the same error as above.. After trying some of the troubleshooting tips I had found online, I was finally able to fix...
  5. Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005): I'm trying to change my drive on windows from the C: to D: so I can download games, but it keeps saying "we couldn't set your default save location windows 10. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it."...
  6. Can't sign in to Xbox insider hub app windows 10 error code 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to Xbox insider hub app windows 10 error code 0x80070005: Have tried basic troubleshooting steps. Reinstalled, sign in, etc. Contacted windows support and tried troublshooting there to no avail. Suggestions?...
  7. Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads: To preface this, I have a pretty fresh installation of Windows. In general I just play games on Steam and Battle.net. I haven't messed with registry or anything that I imagine would usually cause errors like this. I am getting this error ( 0x80070005) which is Access Denied...
  8. Fixing Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta app install problems error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta app install problems error code 0x80070005: The solution for installing 2 problematic games For the King and Wolfenstein II was to set permissions for all users and groups for the WindowsApps folders on both of my drives 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' and 'F:\WindowsApps in my case'. This prevented the 0x80070005 /...
  9. Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005: Why can't I install the game on disk D Screen shot included [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamepass-pc-storage-0x80070005/20dbac92-adae-4595-858b-d61160376a67"
  10. Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.: Hi! I'm unable to install the Xbox beta for the whole new Xbox game pass deal for PC. Every time I get the error code 0x80070005, upon trying to start the installer. I had previously started installing it just fine, even got to see the progress bar, but I experienced a crash...
Tags: