Windows 10: XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

Discus and support XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The games that I have deleted are no longer show anywhere that I can find, however theyre still taking up disk space. I have deleted them via the xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Striker2764, Jul 31, 2021.

1. XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

The games that I have deleted are no longer show anywhere that I can find, however theyre still taking up disk space. I have deleted them via the xbox app, and the WindowsApp folder.I have attempted to delete via disk cleanup however there arent any files in the delivery optimization files. I have tried every method I have seen and this is my last resort before needing to wipe the entire hard drive.

:)

Striker2764, Jul 31, 2021
  2. lx07 Win User

Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly

I was thinking that but the situation seems to be reversed - WinDirStat is showing less space used (76.2) than Disk Properties (88.1GB). Normally it is the other way around - there are orphaned restore points that can't be deleted (or seen in Windows) but can be seen in products like WinDirStat.

I think it may just be the way the used space is calculated and reported. If you press F6 in WinDirStat it will show the Free Space.

For me TreeSize Free, WinDirStat and Disk Properties agree about free space (13GB in my case). What they disagree about is used space (TreeSize is 87.8GB, WinDirStat 85.9GB (99-13.1) and Disk Properties 93.3GB). I believe that Disk Properties is higher as it doesn't take account (some types of) of compressed files.

XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall [​IMG]

They can't even agree on the size of the disk - TreeSize and Disk Properties show 106GB (correct according to diskpart) while WinDirStat thinks it is 99GB for some unknown reason (seemingly adding up allocated sizes and then adding free space) . Code:
    I'd suggest trying TreeSize anyway but there is nothing to suggest you have lost 14GB unless you can see it as a file or in as a directory somewhere. More likely you are just seeing reporting differences.

3. TinKode Win User
    freeing disk space

Greetings AAFari,

My name is and I am happy to assist you.

You can use the Disk Cleanup tool to delete temporary files and system files from your device.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, then select it from the results.
    2. Select the check box next to the type of files you want to delete. (To view a description of each type of file, select the name.) By default, Downloaded Program Files, Temporary
      Internet Files, and Thumbnails are selected. Be sure to clear those check boxes if you don't want to delete those files.
    3. To free up even more space, select Clean up system files, and then select the type of system files you want to delete. Disk Cleanup will take a few moments to calculate the amount of space that
      can be freed up.

Personal files such as videos, music, photos, and documents can take up a lot of space on your device. To see which files are using the most space:

1. Select File Explorer from the taskbar and find the files you want to move.
    2. Under This PC in the menu on the left, select a folder to see what files are saved in it. The Videos, Music, Pictures,
      and Downloads folders usually contain the largest files that you’ve saved to your device.
    3. To see the size of the files in a folder, select View > Details. Right-click in the open space and then select Sort
      by > Size to show the largest files at the top of the list.
    4. If there are files you no longer need on your device, you can either delete them or move them to an external storage device like a USB drive or an SD card.
    • Sometimes a virus or other malware can consume significant hard-drive space by corrupting your system files. If you suspect your PC is infected with malware, use an antivirus program like Windows
      Defender
      to run a virus scan and cleanup.

Uninstalling programs will free up space, but some programs use very little space. From the Programs and Features control panel, you can click the Size column to see just how much space each program installed on your computer is using. The easiest way to
    get there is to search for “Uninstall programs” in the Start Menu.

If you don’t see this column, click the options button at the top right corner of the list and select the Details view. Note that this isn’t always accurate – some programs don’t report the amount of space they use. A program may be using a lot of space
    but may not have any information in its Size column.

Src:

Cheers.

TinKode, Jul 31, 2021
  4. aakash12 Win User

XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly

Thank you for all your research!!!! But I was having a near look around before my diskspace vanished. I have around 15Gb free space at that moment, then i figure out there are plenty of old nvidia drivers which are stored in file repository inside C: Drive which occupied tons of spaces, nearly 13-15GB, so i managed to delete those through Cmd commands guided by one technical site. Then what i can see was, all those old nvidia drivers were gone, i mean deleted, but it doesn't add up to my free space. I tried different diskcleanup softwares, but nothing worked. Due to unmanaged deletion of those files, although the files are deleted, system still presumes that the file are there( i think).

aakash12, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall

1. XBOX PC files not freeing disk space after uninstall - Similar Threads - XBOX files freeing

2. Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.: Hello, i uninstalled the game Final Fantasy 15 via xbox app on windows, but the 80+GB disk space were not being freed. I looked in the "WindowsApps" folder and there was a FinalFantasy folder, taking up 80+GB of disk space. Unfortunately I am not able to delete this...
  3. Freeing Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing Disk Space: I originally had Windows XP on my laptop but updated to Windows 10 awhile ago (and am getting current updates). Can I remove Windows XP from my laptop or will that affect how Windows 10 operates?...
  4. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  5. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  6. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  7. Re: Free Disk Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Re: Free Disk Space: I would like to know how do I transfer data from my internal hard drive to a memory stick, the problem is my laptop's internal hard drive is only 30GB and Windows is taking the most space? Please can someone assist? Much Appreciated....
  8. Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates

Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  9. Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  10. Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly

Disk Space Vanishes by Uninstalling files improperly: Hey guys, Recently I've uninstalled nvidia drivers from file repository through cmd commands. I deleted almost 15gb space worth of previous nvidia drivers but those space doesn't add up on drive. I run windirstat and it says 76.2gb space is used but when i check through...