Windows 10: XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online

Discus and support XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Been through a Windows 10 PC rebuild, download of recent drivers (audio/video/etc) and recent installs of games. Everything is as current as can be,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by O1dSchoolGamer, Nov 11, 2018.

1. XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online

Been through a Windows 10 PC rebuild, download of recent drivers (audio/video/etc) and recent installs of games.

Everything is as current as can be, including windows updates.

When playing online games that I acquired thru Microsoft Store (Sea of thieves, halo 2) and am playing online... the games will randomly crash and throw me to desktop.

Can happen in 15min, could happen in 30min.

Could be using game with or without controller, PC is freshly rebuilt not running any additional firewalls or antivirus.

Just what WIndows10 supplies.

Even went to the point of installing a Win10 wireless card instead of running off ethernet to see if that has any affect.

Games that I play off-line work fine for long periods of time with no crashing, or other online games (Steam or other) work fine.

Xbox app off of Microsoft store is current.

Thoughts?

Don't need to do anything with a new profile or anything as I just rebuilt the PC.

(AMD Athlon X4 740 Quad Proc, 8GB RAM)

Games run great.. I just need to get past this crashing.

:)

O1dSchoolGamer, Nov 11, 2018

2. Playing XBOX live games on Windows 10

Hi,

There are Xbox Live games that you can play on Windows 10 PC. To check for the available Xbox Live games that you can download from Windows Store, you may follow the steps below:

• Launch Windows Store.
    • Click on the Games tab.
    • Select Xbox Live games on the options as shown in the image below.

XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online bc1cbf9a-8f35-45c4-872b-ce622a0e3cec.png

If you are trying to play games that you are playing on an Xbox console to your PC, it is possible as long as the games are Xbox Play Anywhere. These games are compatible and playable on Xbox One and Windows 10. For more information about Xbox Play Anywhere,
    you may visit this
    link

Should you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Nov 11, 2018
  4. XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online

Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online

1. XBox PlayAnywhere games on Windows 10 randomly crash to desktop when playing online - Similar Threads - XBox PlayAnywhere games

2. System crashes randomly when playing video online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes randomly when playing video online: Please help me take a look, here is the dump file:120823-12609-01.dmpThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crashes-randomly-when-playing-video-online/87979045-b2be-446c-bd00-44707d3bd1a1
  3. System crashes randomly when playing video online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes randomly when playing video online: Please help me take a look, here is the dump file:120823-12609-01.dmpThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crashes-randomly-when-playing-video-online/87979045-b2be-446c-bd00-44707d3bd1a1
  4. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  5. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  6. Getting random Windows 10 Crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting random Windows 10 Crashes when playing games: Hey! I've started getting BSOD and Random crashes (where BSOD isn't even shown but computer just reboots) and can't, for the life of me, figure out what the issue is. I've only experienced this when I am playing computer games (World of Warcraft, Apex Legends etc.) and I...
  7. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  8. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Support
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  9. Computer crashes randomly when playing games on Windows 10

Computer crashes randomly when playing games on Windows 10: Hi, I recently built my PC straight from the build guide by Austin Evans on YouTube called the 'Neutron 2.0'. I got Windows 10 installed on my PC and it has been working poorly. Whenever I play a game downloaded from Steam, the entire computer will crash at random times,...
  10. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Random crashes/freezes when playing games: Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play anywhere games crashing on start up

2. games crashing to desktop windows 10

3. xbox play anywhere games crash on startup on pcc

4. xbox play anywhere crash