Windows 10: Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level

Discus and support Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,My controller does not vibrate on Windows 10 while connected to bluetooth. I have updated drivers / calibrated with xbox accessories app.My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dewcifer, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Dewcifer Win User

Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level

Hello,My controller does not vibrate on Windows 10 while connected to bluetooth. I have updated drivers / calibrated with xbox accessories app.My question is the game bar shows battery level critical even with fresh batteries, would this prevent vibration in games? Currently playing Halo MCC

:)

Dewcifer, Jul 16, 2021

2. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 16, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Xbox Series S controller not staying connected

There are two ways to use the controller wirelessly
    1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10
    2. Bluetooth

Which way are you connecting it?

I use my Xbox Series S controller using Bluetooth. When I first got it it was unstable this way. Updating the firmware solved that problem.

Once in a while when I turn on the controller the light keeps flashing (not paired) even though the Windows settings says it should be. In the Setting>Devices I have to
    • Select the Xbox wireless controller
    • Select Remove the device
    • Restart the pairing on both the PC and controller
    Once it is paired again it is OK

Connecting the Xbox wireless controller using a USB wired connection should be automatic with Windows 10. Once connected you can use the Xbox Accessories App (from Microsoft app store) to test it and update the firmware if needed.

Note I also found the following:
    • The controller does not need the battery when connected with a USB cable. (it will even work with the battery removed).
    • To use with a wired cable do not press the Xbox button to turn it on. With the cable connected the light will come on using power from the USB connection.
    • However, I have found that taking out the battery does cause the controller to forget its pairing with the PC. That means it needs to be repaired with the PC if a wireless connection is desired.

MisterEd, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level

xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

I bought an xbox series x controller (not xbox one) from someone who had an elite and don't need the new controller. I'm sure it's authentic. I can connect it to my windows 10 pc via bluetooth and it appears as an xbox wireless controller.

However in all games it is not recognized as an xbox controller but a generic bluetooth "18 (don't remember the exact number) button controller with HAT" or something. And it doesn't work in any of my games.

Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong? It feels like either the controller is so new windows doesn't know it yet, or I'm missing a driver software, or games need to specifically support it. Anyone has similar experience? Thank you!

icefox1983, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level

1. Xbox Series Controller Bluetooth Vibration / Game Bar Battery Level - Similar Threads - Xbox Series Controller

2. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  3. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  4. Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar: Xbox Wireless Controller shows incorrect low battery in Game Bar. The battery level is correct in the Bluetooth & other devices list. The controller also disconnects occasionally at any battery level, so it's not clear if the issues are related.This has been reported in...
  5. Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar: Xbox Wireless Controller shows incorrect low battery in Game Bar. The battery level is correct in the Bluetooth & other devices list. The controller also disconnects occasionally at any battery level, so it's not clear if the issues are related.This has been reported in...
  6. Game controller won't vibrate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game controller won't vibrate: I have a myria mg7414 tigris x14 game controller with usb reciever.I managed to get it to work by using x360ce emulator,but it won't vibrate.I know it can vibrateit says on the box and i managed to make it vibrate only once with a software that i lost and can't find it.No...
  7. Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth: I'm on newest build of windows 10 20H2, newest controller firmware update, newest intel bluetooth driver. So before you recommend those I've already done them plenty of times. Basically my controller disconnects itself and reconnects itself constantly, batteries are fine....
  8. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games: I know this question has been asked a lot before. However, my problem is still not resolved. I've done all the updates xbox accessories app, windows and drivers It acts like another controller via bluetooth, not xbox controller. But no problem with usb plugged in....
  9. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games: I bought an xbox series x controller not xbox one from someone who had an elite and don't need the new controller. I'm sure it's authentic. I can connect it to my windows 10 pc via bluetooth and it appears as an xbox wireless controller. However in all games it is not...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues: I recently purchased an Xbox elite series 2 controller to use on my windows 10 pc via Bluetooth, when I first connected it, it worked for about 2 minutes then caused my game to stutter then the controller disconnected, I have had the controller connected again with great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x no vibration