Windows 10: Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

Discus and support Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Squeezit, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Squeezit Win User

Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first but replacing that didn't fix anything.I have the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 because the controller was having issues staying connected to my PC via bluetooth. Now there's been no new updates that I've noticed but the other day my controller turned off mid-game while I left it alone for too long. I came back and turned the controller back on it and it does reconnect...For 1 second.In that one second I can move my character, hit any butt

:)

Squeezit, Jan 18, 2022
  2. MisterEd Win User

Xbox Series S controller not staying connected

There are two ways to use the controller wirelessly
    1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10
    2. Bluetooth

Which way are you connecting it?

I use my Xbox Series S controller using Bluetooth. When I first got it it was unstable this way. Updating the firmware solved that problem.

Once in a while when I turn on the controller the light keeps flashing (not paired) even though the Windows settings says it should be. In the Setting>Devices I have to
    • Select the Xbox wireless controller
    • Select Remove the device
    • Restart the pairing on both the PC and controller
    Once it is paired again it is OK

Connecting the Xbox wireless controller using a USB wired connection should be automatic with Windows 10. Once connected you can use the Xbox Accessories App (from Microsoft app store) to test it and update the firmware if needed.

Note I also found the following:
    • The controller does not need the battery when connected with a USB cable. (it will even work with the battery removed).
    • To use with a wired cable do not press the Xbox button to turn it on. With the cable connected the light will come on using power from the USB connection.
    • However, I have found that taking out the battery does cause the controller to forget its pairing with the PC. That means it needs to be repaired with the PC if a wireless connection is desired.

MisterEd, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Xbox controller won't turn on.

I bought an xbox one controller and I tried to use it but when I turn it on the light just turns on and off. It works fine if I use it via an us cable, but I really wanna play wirelessly. The batteries are brand new so I have no idea what the problem might
    be.

Any suggestions?

BoralbMimani, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

Xbox One controller turning off after a few seconds

So, yesterday I bought a Xbox One controller with wireless dongle for PC, when I tried to turn on the controller, it connected to the PC then turn off after 2 or 3 seconds.

The problem seems to be Steam, if I close Steam, the controller works turns on and then I have to open Steam to play any game.

But, I want to know if there is any fix for this or I just have to wait for a some sort of patch.

GordonFHL3, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

1. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its... - Similar Threads - Xbox series controller

2. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...: I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first but replacing that didn't fix anything.I have the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 because the controller was having issues...
  3. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...: I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first but replacing that didn't fix anything.I have the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 because the controller was having issues...
  4. Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard: The game I want to play does not have an option to turn off the controller. pubg. I want to map the adaptive controller to the keyboard with a 3rd party app. It works but pubg still sees it as a controller so some of the actions go between the keyboard mapping and the...
  5. Turn off native controller support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off native controller support?: I have controller companion so I can use my PC with my xbox controller. Well Windows 10 has its own controller support that only allows you to navigate the start menu and other various menus, which conflicts with controller companion sometimes. Is there a way to turn off the...
  6. Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.: I have had this problem only with my new Xbox One controller that I bought a few weeks ago. Any way to fix this or will it just keep happening? Any tips would be helpful!...
  7. Turning off an Xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off an Xbox 360 wireless controller: Hi, Up until now the only way to turn of my 360 controller has been removing the batteries... Holding the Xbox button for 6 seconds is apparently only for Xbox One controllers and I don't see any option to turn it off in the game bar. Does anyone know how to turn it off...
  8. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  9. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  10. Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?

Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?: I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do. I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work...