Windows 10: Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

Discus and support Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just recently bought an Xbox series x wireless controller I turned it on and connected it. It is showing up in the mouse keyboard and pen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zianStidham, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

I have just recently bought an Xbox series x wireless controller I turned it on and connected it. It is showing up in the mouse keyboard and pen section on the bluetooth devices page and I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them and also restarted my computer and xbox controller several times. Any idea as to what I should do to prevent this from happening?

:)

zianStidham, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Source: App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles - Windows Developer Blog

See also: Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X Launch November 10

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-33ab671179b5

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

1. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen" - Similar Threads - Xbox series controller

2. Steam doesn't recognize xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam doesn't recognize xbox series x controller: Good morning, today, I was trying to play a game on Steam with the controller Xbox series x, and the buttons weren't configured right. e.g: when I was trying to choose an option, it said to click on A, although when I clicked nothing happened. I had to click on X for the...
  3. Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth: I'm on newest build of windows 10 20H2, newest controller firmware update, newest intel bluetooth driver. So before you recommend those I've already done them plenty of times. Basically my controller disconnects itself and reconnects itself constantly, batteries are fine....
  4. Audio is not playing from the Xbox Series X controller

Audio is not playing from the Xbox Series X controller: Hi, I bought the control just to play on Laptop (don't bully me please) because I don't have the Xbox yet, my issue is that I did all the steps to connect it that I found on internet and yet I still can't play audio out from the control to my Headphones, I can do it only with...
  5. Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc: I got an xbox series x controller to use for my pc. I try to plug it in to the usb port and the controller does a quick rumble, but the pc never recognizes it and it never connects. The xbox accessories app doesnt detect it either. I am using windows 10, and it says...
  6. Xbox Series S/X controller bluetooth issue

Xbox Series S/X controller bluetooth issue: Hi there. I feel like I'm going crazy. Whenever I turn on my controller, intending to use it with Windows 10 just like the last time I played with it (when it was already paired), it won't connect automatically and I have to "forget" the controller in Win10 settings than...
  7. Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10

Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10: What Bluetooth will I need to use to connect to windows 10? Bluetooth 4.0, 4.2 or 5? I don't want to buy the xbox usb adapter as it probably has company tax and I can get the same thing for more than half the price. submitted by /u/Agonizingfool3000 [link] [comments]...
  8. Series X Controller Issues

Series X Controller Issues: Hi, I’m posting here out of desperation but hopefully something gets brought up that I haven’t tried yet. My situation is as follows: I bought a Series X controller to use with my PC and I’m aware there’s an issue with Windows 10 right now where it works fine wired but does...
  9. Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: Hi there,What an exciting time! The Xbox Series X|S have both launched and we hope you are enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming! In the event you do run in to any issues though, we have you covered. Some issues might be known issues and we have the proper...
  10. Backward Compatibility on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

in Windows 10 News
    Backward Compatibility on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: [ATTACH] As gamers, we know how important it is to preserve and respect your gaming legacy. We believe your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, your Xbox One gaming accessories and the friendships and communities you create through gaming...