Windows 10: Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

Discus and support Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just recently bought an Xbox series x wireless controller I turned it on and connected it. It is showing up in the mouse keyboard and pen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zianStidham, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

I have just recently bought an Xbox series x wireless controller I turned it on and connected it. It is showing up in the mouse keyboard and pen section on the bluetooth devices page and I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them and also restarted my computer and xbox controller several times. Any idea as to what I should do to prevent this from happening?

:)

zianStidham, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Source: App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles - Windows Developer Blog

See also: Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X Launch November 10

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-33ab671179b5

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen"

1. Xbox series x controller showing up as "Mouse, keyboard and pen" - Similar Threads - Xbox series controller

2. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox series x controller

Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  6. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  7. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. xbox series x controller disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller disconnect: Hello . I bought xbox series x controller to use on my laptop windows 10 . when i use type c cable to connect i dont have any issue in any game but when use blutooth connection on some games like resident evil 7 on gameplay controller keep disconnect and again connect but on...
  9. Xbox Series x controller not showing on windows 10 bluetooth

Xbox Series x controller not showing on windows 10 bluetooth: I bought two xbox series x controllers to play games on my desktop, I did the instructions to connect it by bluetooth but its not showing on the bluetooth searchWhat should I do?...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller Functionality: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X controller. I am trying to use this controller to play my games library with Bluetooth. For select games, everything works fine via Bluetooth, the games that I have tried that have worked are Fallout 4, GTA V, and Monster Hunter...