Windows 10: Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

Discus and support Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The new Xbox series x/s controller is successfully connected to windows 10 PC via Bluetooth. the device is showing connected in Bluetooth settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kousik2020, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

The new Xbox series x/s controller is successfully connected to windows 10 PC via Bluetooth. the device is showing connected in Bluetooth settings but it is not being recognized in games. Also, it is not being recognized in the Xbox accessories app.

When connected via USB cable it is working and I was able to download the latest drivers and firmware from the Xbox accessories app.

• I have made sure I have all the latest updates Windows 10, Version20H2
    • updated xbox controller firmware through usb connection Firmware version 5.5.2641.0
    • used Bluetooth troubleshooter
    • Disconnected, removed, and restarted PC and Xbox controller multiple times.
    • tried updating drivers from device manager but the drivers were already up to date
    • I have Bluetooth keyboard and headphones that are connected to the same PC, they work flawlessly made sure I had only 1 connection at a time

:)

kousik2020, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 11, 2020
  3. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

Thank you. I tried a few things. I update Windows to the latest optional update and it didn't help. There is no more update. I downloaded Xbox Accessory but it doesn't support the Xbox series x controller. It kept asking about for an xbox one controller
    to be connected. I also connected the controller to the PC via a usb cable. No update was prompted. BTW the controller works correctly when connected by a cable. So I've actually bought a wireless adapter and hope that will solve the problem, although I still
    prefer just a straight bluetooth connection.

icefox1983, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

1. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working - Similar Threads - Xbox series controller

2. Can't seem to connect my Xbox Series X/S controller to my pc via usb C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't seem to connect my Xbox Series X/S controller to my pc via usb C: Recently my xbox controller doesn't seem to connect to my pc, I'll plug it in with the usb and the controller will vibrate showing it's atleast getting power, but it won't do anything for controlling nothing, I've checked the device manager and it's labelled as "unknown usb...
  3. Bluetooth connectivity issue with new Xbox Series X controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth connectivity issue with new Xbox Series X controller: Hello all! I'm having a very strange problem with the Bluetooth connectivity in my brand new series x controller. This is only happening with my pc, it works flawlessly with my xbox one s. Also the swap between the Xbox and the pc works amazing as well. However, it has this...
  4. Xbox series S/X controller won't work wirelessly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox series S/X controller won't work wirelessly: The controller seems to only be working when it's connected via USB. Bluetooth connected, drivers and firmware updated. I had to plug the controller in order for Xbox Accessories app to recognize it and update the firmware. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable from the...
  5. When connecting the Xbox series x controller to my PC via bluetooth it shows up as this...

When connecting the Xbox series x controller to my PC via bluetooth it shows up as this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldxgjc/when_connecting_the_xbox_series_x_controller_to/
  6. Xbox Series S/X controller bluetooth issue

Xbox Series S/X controller bluetooth issue: Hi there. I feel like I'm going crazy. Whenever I turn on my controller, intending to use it with Windows 10 just like the last time I played with it (when it was already paired), it won't connect automatically and I have to "forget" the controller in Win10 settings than...
  7. XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised: Hi, I bought a new Xbox series S/X controller and have connected it to my Windows 10 PC up to date running 20H2 and am having problems: Connection via USB - I get the following error message, and cannot for the life of me find a driver download: [ATTACH] I've...
  8. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games: I know this question has been asked a lot before. However, my problem is still not resolved. I've done all the updates xbox accessories app, windows and drivers It acts like another controller via bluetooth, not xbox controller. But no problem with usb plugged in....
  9. Xbox series controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working: The new Xbox series controller is successfully connected to windows 10 PC via Bluetooth. the device is showing connected in Bluetooth settings but it is not being recognized in games. Also, it is not being recognized in the Xbox accessories app. When connected via USB cable...
  10. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games: I bought an xbox series x controller not xbox one from someone who had an elite and don't need the new controller. I'm sure it's authentic. I can connect it to my windows 10 pc via bluetooth and it appears as an xbox wireless controller. However in all games it is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5.5.2641.0