Windows 10: Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue

Discus and support Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 PC i9-10900, 32 GB RAM. When I plug my Xbox controller wireless adapter into a USB port the device does not install under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mrnighttime, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue

I have a new Windows 10 PC i9-10900, 32 GB RAM. When I plug my Xbox controller wireless adapter into a USB port the device does not install under Network Adapters as usual. Under Other devices, I get an "XBOX ACC" and when I go into that device under device status it says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

Clicking update driver takes me to the window update page where I am told the system is fully updated.

I have tried uninstalling the XBOX ACC device and restarting, is there a way I can get the adapters to load properly in the Network Adapters? Is it possible to get the drivers loaded from somewhere and then try to reconnect the adapter to a USB to see if that works? I have tried more than one USB port and I have tried a different XBOX wireless adapter to see if that solved the issue and neither worked. Suggestions?

:)

mrnighttime, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2020
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue

Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue

1. Xbox Wireless adapter connection issue - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless adapter

2. Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore: Hello, I used an xbox wireless adapter for a long time, and it has worked fine, but just recently it stopped working. I got a new one and it still does not work. I still have windows 10, and have spent lots of time trying to fix it. Do you have any ideas?...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore: Hello, I used an xbox wireless adapter for a long time, and it has worked fine, but just recently it stopped working. I got a new one and it still does not work. I still have windows 10, and have spent lots of time trying to fix it. Do you have any ideas?...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter not connecting anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Xbox Wireless Adapter issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Xbox Wireless Adapter issues: Hello,I feel I have been going round in circles with this problem. Around October last year I bought a wireless adapter for my Xbox One controller after the charger port stopped working for the second time I had already replaced the relevant circuit board once after the port...
  6. Xbox Wireless adapter

Xbox Wireless adapter: Hello, everyone! So a while ago, I got my wireless xbox adapter, and it worked perfectly for good months. I haven't used it in a while now, and when I tried to open it, to pair it with the controller, it doesn't work. Doesn't light up and it's not in device manager. I don't...
  7. Xbox wireless adapter issue

Xbox wireless adapter issue: I have been using an Xbox One wireless controller with my PC for about 6 months now. Originally i was using it wired via USB but I purchased a second hand official adapter after issues with the charger port. After syncing first time it worked perfectly and all I had to do...
  8. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: my xbox 1 controller was working fine until recent hardware was installed-motherboard,ram & cpu. since then my controller won't connect to the usb dongle i go into device manager & look at usb controller it sayss unknown usb device device description request failed its code...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.

Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.: It is recognized my desktop "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and even though it worked perfectly 5 days ago and it still works on other devices I have, so it's definitely not a hardware...
  10. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one wireless adapter wont turn on unknown usb device 360