Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated"

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hoping to get some help with this. Have a previous post on this but have made progress. I have an Xbox wireless adapter that keeps disconnecting from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CynicalEnigma, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated"

Hoping to get some help with this. Have a previous post on this but have made progress. I have an Xbox wireless adapter that keeps disconnecting from my controller literally 3 ft away and it seems to be a migration thing? I can't seem to fix "device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" in the device events.

Was finally able to force chipset update and a couple of other drivers. Should I uninstall the wireless adapter and drivers, reset my bios and then try again? I just want to fix the migration thing. If the disconnecting continues after im gonna chalk it up to the adapter.

Putting as many as my specs as I remember below, at work and not in front of my rig right now.

Build - 20H2 (whatever the most recent home edition build is as of Feb. 20, 2021)

Board - MS Z170A SLI plus

CPU - i5-6600k (skylake)

GPU - r9 390

Case - NZXT s340 (maybe a USB 3.0 thing?)

submitted by /u/CynicalEnigma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CynicalEnigma, Feb 20, 2021
  2. burzum Win User

Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

I'm trying to pair my Xbox One (Model 1697 1697-IL) controller with the wireless adapter for some time now without much success. It works just fine when plugging in via an USB cable.

If I check the device managers status, the device status is:

But under the Events tab I see that the first event is

• Device not migrated

This is the full log of the event:

Followed by these events:

• Device configured (oem2.inf)
    • Device started (mt7612US)
    • Device installed (mt7612us.inf)

It was also not working on Windows 8.1 before. I'm now running Windows 10, wanted to upgrade any way but I've read that the Win 10 support for the Xbox controller is supposed to be better - or not...

I've tried to figure out what exactly a possible cause of the message in the event could be but couldn't find anything meaningful out.

I've tried plugging the adapter in different USB ports (v3 and 2) already. I've upgraded the controllers firmware by connecting it with an USB cable. I'm running the latest driver version. I've tried an older version as well - still no success.

My installed driver appears as "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows" in the device manager and the version is 21.50.45.656 from 2015-12-08.

Any other recommendations?

burzum, Feb 20, 2021
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated"

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated"

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter "Device Not Migrated" - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows incorrectly detects devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows incorrectly detects devices: I bought Xbox Wireless Headseat and a gamepad. I also bought an adapter. When connecting devices through it, I see strange device names and a lack of charge level. Through a cheap Bluetooth adapter, the names are correct, indicating the charge.Through a cheap Bluetooth...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows incorrectly detects devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows incorrectly detects devices: I bought Xbox Wireless Headseat and a gamepad. I also bought an adapter. When connecting devices through it, I see strange device names and a lack of charge level. Through a cheap Bluetooth adapter, the names are correct, indicating the charge.Through a cheap Bluetooth...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adapter: Hey, so i just started to use my Xbox a bit more, more then my pc and had my headset paired to that rather than my pc xbox wireless adapter and all of a suddon the light doesn't turn on anymore and nothing will pair. It still shows up in device manger. I don't know what to do...
  5. Xbox Wireless adapter

Xbox Wireless adapter: Hello, everyone! So a while ago, I got my wireless xbox adapter, and it worked perfectly for good months. I haven't used it in a while now, and when I tried to open it, to pair it with the controller, it doesn't work. Doesn't light up and it's not in device manager. I don't...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I have recently bought the Xbox Wireless Adapter for my laptop to pair my headset and it keeps on turning off or unpairing while there is no audio for a while. Is this normal?...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I am having trouble getting the drivers for the wireless adapter to work. I followed tutorials online to download drivers from the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx website, but when following the steps to install it, I just get this error message Windows...
  8. xbox wireless adapter

xbox wireless adapter: i have an issue with my wireless adapter i want let me install a driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wireless-adapter/57facc99-f0a0-4ab3-ab8b-ef3a500d4ba6
  9. Xbox wireless adapter not recognized in device manager

Xbox wireless adapter not recognized in device manager: My wireless adapter suddenly stopped working, device manager says it is an unknown usb device. When i try to update the drivers, nothing happens and it says the best drivers are already installed. Ive had this problem for years. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could...
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Device Not Migrated: My Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter was working perfectly until this week. Every once in a while the device would show up as new and unknown, and I would just go into Device Manager and update the driver manually and it would begin working again. Today when I tried to update the...