Windows 10: Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller

Discus and support Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox One wireless controller and an Xbox wireless adapter. Everything was OK on my Windows 10 PC they were pairing normally until one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nickpc107, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller

Hello,

I have an Xbox One wireless controller and an Xbox wireless adapter. Everything was OK on my Windows 10 PC they were pairing normally until one day I turned on Airplane Mode accidentally and then Airplane Mode disappeared from my PC. I fixed that problem after a lot of search but my Controller and my Adapter could no longer pair with each other. On other PCs and Xboxes both the Controller and the adapter work fine. Connecting with USB works for my PC normally as well. I have tried every solution I could find online but none of them worked and really none of them applied exactly to my problem.

Examples of what I tried:

• Uninstalling drivers for the adapter and reinstalling them

• To check event viewer logs for MAC Ardress miscommunication

• Updating drivers but they were already up to date

• Putting win7 drivers

• To add device as bluetooth device

• To add device as normal device

• And more that I cannot remember now

I would love any kind of ideas cause I cannot find any other solutions other than reinstalling windows at this point.

submitted by /u/nickpc107
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nickpc107, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

4. Lior100 Win User

Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller

Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

Hello Steven

I am not using the Xbox wireless adapter for Xbox, I am using a Bluetooth adapter. It says on the box of the controller it's to be connected via Bluetooth. In any case, I did most of these steps for the Bluetooth as well, installing, re-installing, rebooting,
    etc.

Thanks,

Lior

Lior100, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller

1. Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller - Similar Threads - Xbox wireless adapter

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter not going into pairing mode on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter not going into pairing mode on PC: I have been using the Xbox Wireless Adapter with an Xbox controller on my PC with no issues. Today I bought an Xbox Elite Controller and wanted to pair it with my wireless adapter. However, pressing the pair button on the wireless adapter does nothing and it does not light up...
  3. Xbox controller not pairing to bluetooth adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller not pairing to bluetooth adapter: I bought a usb blutooth adapter for my pc and im trying to connect my controller to it, it shows up in the searching devices but it doesnt connect. I've tried literally everything I can and it still wont work. Any fixes? submitted by /u/Proof_Look3537 [link] [comments]...
  4. Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC: Yesterday I got a custom NZXT PC in the mail. I connected my Xbox One elite controller through the Bluetooth adapter and played successfully all day. Today, It would not connect to the Bluetooth adapter and I tried tons of things i found online which includes restarting,...
  5. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: my xbox 1 controller was working fine until recent hardware was installed-motherboard,ram & cpu. since then my controller won't connect to the usb dongle i go into device manager & look at usb controller it sayss unknown usb device device description request failed its code...
  6. Does the Xbox Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows work for 360 Controllers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Xbox Controller Wireless Adapter for Windows work for 360 Controllers?: I gave my 360 to my daughter when I upgraded to a One; now I have a spare wireless 360 controller. If buy the wireless adapter for Windows, will it work for this controller, or will it only work for XBOne devices?...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?

Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?: I recently bought a new game for my computer and i normally play it with my Xbox controller. I have had this controller for three years. I would normally Sync the controller and the Adapter, then I’m ready to play my game. But for some reason, this morning, the adapter...
  8. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  9. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  10. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...