Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm unable to install the driver for Xbox ACC wireless adapter usb. Here is a picture of my error: [ATTACH] 1. I have tried uninstalling the device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thisalec, May 18, 2020.

1. thisalec Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install

I'm unable to install the driver for Xbox ACC wireless adapter usb. Here is a picture of my error:

Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install 2a540d58-f520-431e-a910-3f6fd6fd8a36?upload=true.jpg

1. I have tried uninstalling the device, unplugging the usb, restarting the computer and plugging it back in. Driver error.

2. I have downloaded the appropriate driver from the microsoft catalog, extracting it, and selecting the folder for driver install. Says detects driver, but can't install.

3. I have tried moving it to different usb ports 2.0 and 3.0.

4. The adapter works with my other computer, so I know its not broken.

5. I have used windows Update to check, and I'm all up to date.

6. I have also tried automatically searching for driver. It finds the driver, but can't install.

:)

thisalec, May 18, 2020

2. Can't install xbox wireless adapter drivers on windows 10.

Hi Louis,

I understand that some steps ae done to try to resolve this issue and that you have tried downloading the drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog. For us to help you in resolving this issue, may we ask you to do the following?

• Unplug the XBOX cable from the computer.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Plug in the XBOX cable and check if it will try to install the adapter.

If the above step won't work, I suggest you to follow the suggestions by
    Andre Da Costa
    in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Kindly provide us update on this issue.

Carmela Ric, May 18, 2020
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, May 18, 2020
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install

Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. Driver Error for new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Error for new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: For a while I was using a Xbox Wireless Adapter with little issue with my desktop running windows 10 and an Xbox One controller. With no discernible cause it cames up with a driver error, and no controllers will connect. I tried moving USB ports, updating drivers,...
  3. Cannot install drivers for Xbox Wireless Adapter.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install drivers for Xbox Wireless Adapter.: submitted by /u/zack10024 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek3s0r/cannot_install_drivers_for_xbox_wireless_adapter/
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized: First off I am just going to call it an XWA. My adapter was working just fine for about a month after buying it off of Amazon, I had been using it with my turtle beach headphones to use as a mic. But yesterday it just stopped working, whenever I plug it in it says that...
  5. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply as "CONTROLLER" and the WIRELESS ADAPTER as "XBOX ACC" "This device is not...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.

Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.: It is recognized my desktop "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and even though it worked perfectly 5 days ago and it still works on other devices I have, so it's definitely not a hardware...
  7. Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed: My windows 10 smartab (model: STW1050) will not recognize the network adapter. I have already ran the troubleshooter a million times it said "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver"...
  8. Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Driver

Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Driver: I just recently got a Xbox 360 wireless adapter for my computer. But, when trying to download the driver to make the Xbox 360 controller compatible with the computer, the installation directs me to https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads I know what I need to do...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter won't bind

Xbox wireless adapter won't bind: Hi, I have an Xbox wireless adapter and two controllers. I have a laptop and desktop. The adapter installs correctly on both computers. On the desktop it will never connect to a controller. I have run through the trouble shooting. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted....
  10. Xbox Wireless adapter not working

Xbox Wireless adapter not working: Recently after windows reset my adapter stopped connecting with the LED only coming on when i hold down the button and pretending to connect to my controller. this has happened to me before and i somehow got it to work earlier but now it won't connect even after reinstalling...