Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc)

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone I've been reading up on this for the past two hours and have zero luck. I feel like I have a special kind of case this time though. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Z3ER0, Nov 27, 2020.

1. /u/Z3ER0 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc)

Hey everyone I've been reading up on this for the past two hours and have zero luck. I feel like I have a special kind of case this time though. I have done what others suggested and used my hardware id on the Microsoft drivers catalog and used mine to change the "Xbox ACC" into the properly identified device. However now I get a yellow ! and the message that it won't start because it knows it'll cause windows problems (Code 48). Now with this issue there's a lot less info, and on top of that it doesn't seem like I'm able to uninstall the drivers or install any of the ones from the catalog over it to fix it. Has anyone run into code 48 with the adapter and been able to fix it? I found one Microsoft forum post but they ended up doing a bios update, which doesn't seem like it'll work for me as I'm still on an old z87.

submitted by /u/Z3ER0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Z3ER0, Nov 27, 2020
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Nov 27, 2020
  3. ABkrr Win User
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue)

Hey everyone,

I feel like I'm going mad... This may be the last thing I post before my head explodes...

Anyway, my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 stopped working after a damned Windows 10 Update happened around Christmas. It was working fine and I could connect both my controller and Xbox headset to my PC using this adapter without any issues. I'll give
    more details below.

• It is recognized by my laptop as "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and headset, even though it worked perfectly when I got it, and it still works on other devices I have,
      so it's definitely not a hardware issue.
    • I have searched for the issue online extensively and tried all of the fixes from these forums and others.
    • Things I've tried:
      • Restarting and plugging into different USB port
      • Manually updating the drivers. Tried various driver versions from the Microsoft Update Catalog
      • Unistalling the drivers and letting them reinstall automatically
      • Fiddling with Wake/Sleep options of the Xbox Wireless Adapter
      • Updating Controller firmware
    After a bit more research, it seems like one of the security updates from Windows 10 has broken these wireless adapters for a lot of people. I just need help understanding which security patch I need to uninstall in order for my Xbox Wireless Adapter to
    work again.

I am running Windows 10 Home(Build 1803) and the license is OEM, running on a Dell G5 laptop.

P.S. I know this topic has been discussed before, but none of the fixes work for me, so that's why I've posted a new one.

ABkrr, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc)

Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.

• It is recognized my desktop "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and even though it worked perfectly 5 days ago and it still works on other devices I have, so it's definitely
      not a hardware issue.
    • I have searched for the issue online extensively and tried all of the fixes from these forums and others.
    • Things I've tried:
      • Restarting and plugging into different USB port
      • Manually updating the drivers. Tried various driver versions from the Microsoft Update Catalog
      • Unistalling the drivers and letting them reinstall automatically
      • Fiddling with Wake/Sleep options of the Xbox Wireless Adapter
      • Updating Controller firmware

I'm short of just reinstalling windows but I don't really want to go that route if possible. It seems to be linked to a windows update. I'd also like to state that this was originally written by another community member with the same issue and their thread
    is locked. I'm experiencing the exact same issues and have tried the same processes with no results.

DeathbyE30, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc)

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc) - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. Xbox wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adapter: Hey, so i just started to use my Xbox a bit more, more then my pc and had my headset paired to that rather than my pc xbox wireless adapter and all of a suddon the light doesn't turn on anymore and nothing will pair. It still shows up in device manger. I don't know what to do...
  3. Xbox Wireless adapter

Xbox Wireless adapter: Hello, everyone! So a while ago, I got my wireless xbox adapter, and it worked perfectly for good months. I haven't used it in a while now, and when I tried to open it, to pair it with the controller, it doesn't work. Doesn't light up and it's not in device manager. I don't...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I have recently bought the Xbox Wireless Adapter for my laptop to pair my headset and it keeps on turning off or unpairing while there is no audio for a while. Is this normal?...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I am having trouble getting the drivers for the wireless adapter to work. I followed tutorials online to download drivers from the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx website, but when following the steps to install it, I just get this error message Windows...
  6. xbox wireless adapter

xbox wireless adapter: i have an issue with my wireless adapter i want let me install a driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wireless-adapter/57facc99-f0a0-4ab3-ab8b-ef3a500d4ba6
  7. Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter

Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter: Hello! My Xbox wireless adapter wont flash or do anything in any of my ports. Can someone help me figure out what the issue is? It was working not too long ago. I woke up 2 days ago and turned my PC on, and tried to sync my controller to the adapter and it wasn't even...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.

Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.: It is recognized my desktop "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and even though it worked perfectly 5 days ago and it still works on other devices I have, so it's definitely not a hardware...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue)

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue): Hey everyone, I feel like I'm going mad... This may be the last thing I post before my head explodes... Anyway, my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 stopped working after a damned Windows 10 Update happened around Christmas. It was working fine and I could connect both...
  10. Xbox wireless adapter Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter Windows 10: Hey guys! Maybe someone has gone through this before and can help. I'm fairly tech-savvy and can't figure this out. To start, Yes, I have gone through all the troubleshooting procedures offered by Microsoft. I have been using the adapter for going on five months with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xbox acc driver