Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently re-installed windows 10 and now my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 no longer works, it worked before the reinstall of the same OS. I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by evanh5, Nov 25, 2020.

1. evanh5 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on

I recently re-installed windows 10 and now my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 no longer works, it worked before the reinstall of the same OS.

I have the usb Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and a few seconds after it turns on it shuts itself off along with the wirelessly paired headphones.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, my system is currently up to date, I have NVIDIA Geforce Experience with Overlay turned off and do not have steam on my computer, I do have the blizzard interface for CoD. I have tried turning everything off and activating my headset and nothing works.

The adapter is installed fine, something keeps shutting it off before the headset shows up in my audio I/O selections.

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on bf0d78f0-aa53-4964-8fc8-0a844dee3ddf?upload=true.png

:)

evanh5, Nov 25, 2020
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Nov 25, 2020
  3. SJMaye Win User
    Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on

Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on wireless adapter?: So my keyboard on my laptop broke and i cannot enable the wireless adapter, i tried using the on screen keyboard and going on the control panel, I don’t know what to do...
  3. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on wireless adapter?: So my keyboard on my laptop broke and i cannot enable the wireless adapter, i tried using the on screen keyboard and going on the control panel, I don’t know what to do...
  4. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows doesn't turn on: There's no ON light, not present in the device manager. Tried to plug it in several USB ports. Is it broken or is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-doesnt-turn/7b49f9fb-456f-4e02-99b5-3d712cd880a7
  6. My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows doesn't turn on: There's no ON light, not present in the device manager. Tried to plug it in several USB ports. Is it broken or is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-doesnt-turn/7b49f9fb-456f-4e02-99b5-3d712cd880a7
  7. My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows doesn't turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Turning off an Xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off an Xbox 360 wireless controller: Hi, Up until now the only way to turn of my 360 controller has been removing the batteries... Holding the Xbox button for 6 seconds is apparently only for Xbox One controllers and I don't see any option to turn it off in the game bar. Does anyone know how to turn it off...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?: I recently bought a new game for my computer and i normally play it with my Xbox controller. I have had this controller for three years. I would normally Sync the controller and the Adapter, then I’m ready to play my game. But for some reason, this morning, the adapter...
  10. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...