Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First off I am just going to call it an XWA. My adapter was working just fine for about a month after buying it off of Amazon, I had been using it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SMEEGLE9018, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

First off I am just going to call it an XWA. My adapter was working just fine for about a month after buying it off of Amazon, I had been using it with my turtle beach headphones to use as a mic. But yesterday it just stopped working, whenever I plug it in it says that windows do not recognize the device and that the XWA malfunctioned, I tried going into device manager because I saw that it helped some people but I don't even have a network adapter for the XWA it just states at an unknown device(device descriptor failed). I have also tried it on another computer with the same result and different USB's on my own computer. I am fairly certain that my unit is defective, and if so how would I go about replacing it? or is it fine, but I have searched all over the internet to no avail.

:)

SMEEGLE9018, Sep 30, 2019
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows | Xbox One

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

Xbox Wireless Adapter

Hi,

The Xbox 360 controller will work using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. To help you set up your Xbox 360 controller to your computer using the Xbox Wireless adapter, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adapter

2. Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows: The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. Code 48 Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution...
  3. XBOX Wireless adapter for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX Wireless adapter for windows: Hello,I am not sure if this is the right place to write my issues because it is for the xbox one controller and the wireless adapter for windows. Anyway I will explain my problems hoping to find a solution.Before buying this wireless adapter I used my gamepad connected by...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Hi.My xbox one controller won't pair to my xbox wireless adapter for windows on my pc. It was working fine and one day it just stopped.I uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled them and it wont't pair. I also removed the xbox drivers from the network adapters and...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter

Xbox wireless adapter: Hey, so i just started to use my Xbox a bit more, more then my pc and had my headset paired to that rather than my pc xbox wireless adapter and all of a suddon the light doesn't turn on anymore and nothing will pair. It still shows up in device manger. I don't know what to do...
  6. Xbox Wireless adapter

Xbox Wireless adapter: Hello, everyone! So a while ago, I got my wireless xbox adapter, and it worked perfectly for good months. I haven't used it in a while now, and when I tried to open it, to pair it with the controller, it doesn't work. Doesn't light up and it's not in device manager. I don't...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I have recently bought the Xbox Wireless Adapter for my laptop to pair my headset and it keeps on turning off or unpairing while there is no audio for a while. Is this normal?...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter: I am having trouble getting the drivers for the wireless adapter to work. I followed tutorials online to download drivers from the https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx website, but when following the steps to install it, I just get this error message Windows...
  9. xbox wireless adapter

xbox wireless adapter: i have an issue with my wireless adapter i want let me install a driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-wireless-adapter/57facc99-f0a0-4ab3-ab8b-ef3a500d4ba6
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Hello, I am having issues with the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter to PC. It does not make a sound when plugged in, it does not show up on the device manger nor does it's LED light up. I have installed the drivers from this website...