Windows 10: Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes

Discus and support Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't figure out what's wrong here... every few minutes my wireless Xbox controllers keeps disconnecting from my Windows 10 pc (using the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnqerManagment, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes

I can't figure out what's wrong here... every few minutes my wireless Xbox controllers keeps disconnecting from my Windows 10 pc (using the Microsoft Xbox wireless controller adapter). It reconnects fine on it's own every time though, but it makes gaming impossible because every few minutes I'll lose input for about 5 to 10 seconds while it reconnects. I've even tried using it on a different pc and it does the same thing.

:)

AnqerManagment, Mar 2, 2019
  2. UndeadBob Win User

Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

After reading some replies on here, there seem to be a lot of various theories. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, but I can confirm that exiting Steamworked for me. The problem is very repeatable.

• Connect and disconnect controller
    • Sleep and wake up system
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects (as shown in the "Game Controllers" panel) and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    • Exit Steam
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects and works.
    • Restart Steam (controller still works)
    • Disconnect Xbox One Wireless controller, then connects and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    I'm narrowing my problem down to the Big Picture mode, so that problem is for another forum...

Hopefully this workaround helps a few people before the real solution is found.

UndeadBob, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Wired Xbox 360 Controller Keeps disconnecting itself

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-help

Xbox controllers, headsets, and wireless accessories

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/controllers-remotes

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...ller-disconnects-frequently-or-cannot-connect

If you still have issues, I would suggest you to contact Xbox support

Contact us

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/conta...ller-disconnects-frequently-or-cannot-connect

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes

Xbox One controller not fully working wireless

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

If you're having difficulty initiating connectivity of your controller to your console, this may indicate one of the following issues:

• The wireless controller's batteries are weak, or the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack needs recharging.
    • Another wireless device (such as a microwave oven, a cordless phone, or a wireless router) is interfering with the wireless controller's connection to the console.
    • Metallic objects (such as metal dividers, shelves, or doors of an entertainment center) positioned between the console and the wireless controller are causing interference with the wireless controller's connection to the console.
    • Eight wireless controllers are already connected, and you're trying to connect an additional wireless controller.
    • Your Xbox One hardware is malfunctioning.
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes

1. Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes - Similar Threads - Xbox wireless controller

2. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  3. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  4. Xbox wireless controller disconnection problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller disconnection problem on Windows 10: I've been having problem with 3 different official Xbox controller on 2 different PC using the official windows wireless adaptor for PC.What happen is, whenever I turn on or off an Xbox in my home the controller is only synced the wireless adaptor, not to the Xbox the...
  5. Xbox wireless controller disconnection problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless controller disconnection problem on Windows 10: I've been having problem with 3 different official Xbox controller on 2 different PC using the official windows wireless adaptor for PC.What happen is, whenever I turn on or off an Xbox in my home the controller is only synced the wireless adaptor, not to the Xbox the...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting every three minutes for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting every three minutes for a few seconds: Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionallyHello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer.Recently, after installing a few games from the Xbox Game Pass my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it.I've made sure the...
  7. Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10: I'm using Xbox 360 receiver and my Xbox 360 Controller Wireless keeps disconnecting. 163239
  8. Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...: Yea so it's occuring every 5 minutes and is getting annoying, (the mouse cursor will disappear briefly for 1 second before the sound kicks in) I checked event viewer and there are many red error messages. Most are related to defrag error of both my SSD and HDD, some...
  9. xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect: hi i'm using official xbox wireless dongle since many months : https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/adaptateur-sans-fil-xbox-pour-windows10/91DQRB97L130/1V59 with my xbox one controller custom design microsoft on Windows 10 1909 I have random disconnection during game,...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?: Hi, For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion running the latest version of Windows 10. The only thing differently recently that I can think of, is that there was a couple of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one windows 10 disconnects

2. xbox controller disconnects every couple minutes