Windows 10: Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

Discus and support Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yutrzenika1, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the past on an old mobo, using a little USB bluetooth dongle). In some games (Bug Fables, one of the Shantae Games, A Hat In Time, and most recently the beta for Fall Guys, to name a few), if my controller loses connection while playing, the game I'm playing will usually drop to unplayable framerates, like single digits, or it will crash (which is what happens with A Hat In Time). I've tried it on a couple different controllers and get the same results, usually reconnecting my controller fixes it, but sometimes my controller just refuses to connect, so I have to force close the game. The framerate goes to crap as the controller tries to reconnect to the game, it seems, if I disconnect the controller forcefully (by removing the batteries), it doesn't have the same effect, removing the batteries after it loses connection and attempts to regain connection doesn't have any effect.

So my question is, why does this happen, and how can I prevent it? I don't really want to close my game and possibly lose progress because my controller randomly decides to disconnect.

submitted by /u/Yutrzenika1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yutrzenika1, Aug 5, 2020

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

1. Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless controller

2. New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.: I just bought a new Wireless Xbox controller, and when I try to connect it to Bluetooth, it says, "Driver error." I've tried looking it up, and most articles say I need to download the Xbox Accessories App, which won't install. It says, "There was an error on our end."I've...
  3. New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.: I just bought a new Wireless Xbox controller, and when I try to connect it to Bluetooth, it says, "Driver error." I've tried looking it up, and most articles say I need to download the Xbox Accessories App, which won't install. It says, "There was an error on our end."I've...
  4. Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth: Hello,i am currently trying to connect my controller via bluetooth with my windows 10 system but somehow its not shown in the bluetooth "add a device" list. However i did notice that the xbox one controller is shown as paired in the bluetooth other devices section even tho my...
  5. Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate: So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the...
  6. Losing Wireless connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Wireless connectivity: Just bought a new laptop and I keep losing connectivity to my home wireless network. It may stay up 5 minutes or 30 seconds. My other laptop stays connected just fine. Both have the same wireless settings, network settings, running Edge and the new laptop has all the...
  7. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: my xbox 1 controller was working fine until recent hardware was installed-motherboard,ram & cpu. since then my controller won't connect to the usb dongle i go into device manager & look at usb controller it sayss unknown usb device device description request failed its code...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller unable to connect to my PC via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Controller unable to connect to my PC via bluetooth: Whenever I try to connect my controller to my PC, it says that the controller is paired but not connected. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/gamer47293932 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fn7d0v/xbox_wireless_controller_unable_to_connect_to_my/
  9. How do I connect Xbox Wireless controller via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect Xbox Wireless controller via bluetooth: So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I connected the controller via Bluetooth, and it connected. When I tried to use the controller in a game, it didn't do anything...
  10. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...