Windows 10: XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized

Discus and support XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently reinstalled windows, and ever since none of my controllers 2 Xbox wireless model 1708 and 1 DualShock work anymore; I have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlorinNEAGU1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized

Hello,

I recently reinstalled windows, and ever since none of my controllers 2 Xbox wireless model 1708 and 1 DualShock work anymore;

I have 2 wireles dongles that apparently have broken drivers so I've tried plugging the controllers in directly with a wire, but even that doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

:)

FlorinNEAGU1, Dec 26, 2020

2. Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

Hey there
    Lior100

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support on this issue trying to connect your new controller. I can see how not being able to get your controller to pair to your PC could be frustrating and disheartening for sure. If you haven't yet, I would
    suggest trying the steps outlined in our
    Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows
    article.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know if that helped with the situation.

Thanks for reading!

XBF Steven R, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Lior100 Win User
    Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

Hello Steven

I am not using the Xbox wireless adapter for Xbox, I am using a Bluetooth adapter. It says on the box of the controller it's to be connected via Bluetooth. In any case, I did most of these steps for the Bluetooth as well, installing, re-installing, rebooting,
    etc.

Thanks,

Lior

Lior100, Dec 26, 2020
  4. XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized

Xbox Controller model 1708 and Windows 7

Hello,

QUESTION #1 How can I see if this controller is really working ?

I just got an Xbox Controller model 1708 today . After unboxing, I plugged the micro-cable/USB into the controller, put 2 fresh batteries in, connected it to my PC, the drivers installed perfectly and they're up-to-date. Next, I went into the DEVICE MNGR
    and there it was "Xbox peripherals (legacy)", I opened it up and the DEVICE MNGR stated "it is working properly". I went to the START MENU and searched "gaming controller" and "setup USB game controllers" appeared. I opened it and
    went through the set-up. In "Properties" there's a "test" tab, all the toggles and buttons work, it PASSED with flying colors.

I turned on a game and the controller didn't have any affect. The game is from an ISO, not from a disc. Could that be the issue ?

QUESTION #2: How is my PC going to receive the transmission from the controller ?

My PC doesn't have a wireless card and normally wireless devices for a PC come with a USB receiver. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and it has a USB receiver.

Please let me know if you can answer my questions. Thank you.

reppert1265, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized

1. XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized - Similar Threads - XBOX Wireless controller

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  4. Xbox One Wired Controller

Xbox One Wired Controller: My PC does not support Bluetooth so I have plugged in an Xbox one controller however it has stayed syncing I have gone on my console and it has worked and is up to date also on my PC all of the drivers are up to date....
  5. Xbox One Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Wired Controller: My PC does not support Bluetooth so I have plugged in an Xbox one controller however it has stayed syncing I have gone on my console and it has worked and is up to date also on my PC all of the drivers are up to date....
  6. Xbox One Wired Controller

7. Buzzing in wired xbox controller

Buzzing in wired xbox controller: I have reinstalled every driver attatched to the audio and the controller itself. I have tried several ports in my pc. No matter what i do i get a buzzing sound after a few seconds of playing any audio. If i click spatial sound and turn on windows sonic the sound stops for a...
  8. Buzzing in wired xbox controller

Buzzing in wired xbox controller: I have reinstalled every driver attatched to the audio and the controller itself. I have tried several ports in my pc. No matter what i do i get a buzzing sound after a few seconds of playing any audio. If i click spatial sound and turn on windows sonic the sound stops for a...
  9. Windows 10 won't recognize Xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't recognize Xbox 360 wired controller: My xbox 360 controller is not recognised.When I plug it to the USB port the controller turns green for one second and then a message showing the device not recognised. Also, when i plug it(tried both 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports) it says in device manager that "Unknown USB...
  10. XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue: Hello everyone. Today I fixed an XBox Controller and it seems to work fine. I tried first using two AA batteries and connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth, and it worked; I also tried connecting the controller to my PC via cable and same thing. But, as soon as I go to...