Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi :Recently got the official xbox wireless headset, I'm primarily using it with my pc connected via usb-c to usb cable and I'm having problems with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by koboldsgoyip, May 18, 2021.

1. Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work

Hi :Recently got the official xbox wireless headset, I'm primarily using it with my pc connected via usb-c to usb cable and I'm having problems with it that I'm thinking is a software problem though, i have a sneaking suspicious these are intended features, and they are unintentionally inconvenient1 The device will automatically turn itself off after a short amount of time of no sounds. This makes sense if it was connected wirelessly to save battery, but since my main use for it is wired, whenever it feels like turning off i have to take 10-15 seconds listening to the power up/sync

:)

koboldsgoyip, May 18, 2021
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, May 18, 2021
  3. Issues with the Volume mixer on windows 10.

Hi Margit,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing?

2. Did you receive any error message?

3. Does that mean that the Volume mixer icon is not present on the desktop?

4. Are you facing this sound issue on any specific application, since you had mentioned Skype?

If the Volume mixer icon is missing from the desktop, this issue may arise when the notification for the Volume mixer is not turned on in the settings.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type Notifications in the Searchbar and select Notifications and action center.

• Select the option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.

• Make sure the Volume icon has been turned on from the settings.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that the information helps. Please do let us know whether you are able to retrieve the icon to the Action center. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 18, 2021
  4. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

Thanks for the reply, as for your questions:

• I am running the latest build available for my PC, Windows 10 Pro 1903 (Build 18362.449)
    • I am able to see volume sliders for apps in the built in volume mixer
    And I will be sure to send this issue to the Microsoft Feedback Hub

Thanks again.

eliasbenb, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work

1. Xbox Wireless Headphones PC Issues when Wired Turning itself off, Volume Mixer doesn't work - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Headphones

2. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  3. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  4. Volume Mixer Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Issue: Hello, I am having trouble with the audio levels in volume mixer. Whenever I try to adjust the volume in the "Device" column, it changes the 'volume range' for all applications but not the 'volume levels.' For example: If the volume in the Devices column is at 100 and...
  5. Volume Mixer Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer Issue: [ATTACH] Hello, every time I close volume mixer my system sounds jumps back up to max level with my speakers. I've googled and found people with similar issues but the solutions recommended in those posts have not worked. Anyone else having this issue and found a fix?...
  6. volume mixer issues

volume mixer issues: ever since about a week or two ago, my windows volume mixer has been adjusting by itself, each program turning itself up and down annoyingly. This has never happend until now, and is there anyway i can stop this? If you do not know what menu I'm talking about I've attached a...
  7. Bluetooth keeps turning off itself and when i turn my headphones back on it doesn't connect.

Bluetooth keeps turning off itself and when i turn my headphones back on it doesn't connect.: This has been annoying me for a while. This has been happening since January. When i connect my bluetooth to my phone it doesn't turn off itself this is just my Windows 10 which is a laptop. I removed the headphones off the BT thing and added it back and it's still not...
  8. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer: Before I go into details do not suggest: Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page OK,...
  9. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  10. Volume Mixer Changing by Itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Changing by Itself: I have an issue where the volume mixer changes the volume of apps and games randomly, usually lowering the volume. This gets annoying because I have to raise the master volume for watching videos in Chrome, then forget that the master volume is high and get into a game an...