Windows 10: Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter

Discus and support Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 x 64 I am admin. Only 2 users. Myself/kid 8gig Ram i5 4460 chip 3.4 ghz (I think that is ok) Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti (3 - 5 months old) Brand New... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tonys317, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter

Windows 10 x 64 I am admin. Only 2 users. Myself/kid
    8gig Ram
    i5 4460 chip 3.4 ghz (I think that is ok)
    Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti (3 - 5 months old)
    Brand New 2 TB Western Digital (3 days ago). Windows 10 of course was freshly installed.

Ping 20 MS (Seems High? is it?)
    Download 48Mbps
    Upload 6Mbps (I forget what I am paying for - seems low). Checking it next calling ATT
    Router - brand new 2 mo from ATT Uverse

This problem has been off and on for several months or longer. New Router, Videocard and HD. The games freeze mid play, lags or move slow. I can see this when kid plays (or I do). This happens on occasion when using the computer too. It hiccups. When I shut the computer off, the xbox which is hard wired at moment (New Ethernet Cable) still has the same issues. Does this mean there is a problem with the internet probably? Or shutting off computer means nothing? What sort of trouble shooting do I do here/now? This is the only computer in the network.

Dont know what this means:
    Total Virtual memory 29gb (seems alot? Is it a problem?)
    18.5 Virtual memory abailable
    Page File 21gb (I heard of that, seems high - is it?)

Do you need other information? While the computer occasionally hiccups during normal use. It is mostly noticeable during games. If I shut the desktop off the problem still persists on the Xbox One in the other room (hard wired).

:)

Tonys317, Aug 4, 2018

2. Touch jitter on Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 950)

Hi,

I am experiencing touch jitter in certain apps on Windows 10 Mobile on my new Lumia 950.

If I scroll in an app (for example through the store) and keep my finger down, the content will start jumping and jittering, especially if I move my finger back and forth without lifting it from the screen.

If I simply flick the content in a direction and let go of the screen, the content will scroll there smoothly.

Here are examples of apps in which I did notice this behaviour:

• Store
    • Edge
    • Settings
    • N24 News
    • Weather
    • News
    • Cortana
    • OneDrive
    • File Explorer
    • Wunderlist

Here are examples of apps in which I did not notice
    this behaviour, yet:

• Telegram Messenger
    • WhatsApp
    The Start Menu and the All Apps List don't seem to be affected, either.

I feel like the affected apps respond quicker to touch input, but display this glitchy behaviour, while the unaffected apps are free of this behaviour but when I scroll, they lag a bit behind my finger.

The latter behaviour is what I am used to from Android, so my assumption is that the touchscreen hardware does produce results in line with what I am seeing in the affected apps and the apps in which there is no jitter "smooth" the input, which results in
    the slight lag.

The latter solution is better, though, as the jitter makes interacting with the device feel very disorienting and even less precise than the lag.

So my questions are:

• Does anyone else see this behavior?
    • Is this a software issue that will be fixed?
    • Is my hardware faulty and should I return my device?

WindowSurface, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter

Radeon x1600 screen jitter

Hello,
    I recently purchased an x1600 and I am having problems with screen jitter. Basicly, as the card warms up the lower left corner of my 17" CRT monitor jitters noticeably. Depending on the refresh rate and resolution the whole screen can jitter.

I have called ATI and they checked that I had updated all of the necessary drivers...video, motherboard, bios, etc...and they concluded that I should try using it in another PC or return it. So, I installed it in another PC and did not have any screen jitter. I have reinstalled the card back in the first PC with Omega 6.3 drivers and plugged the power to a different set of power connectors and this has helped my jitter issue a bit. After some tinkering with different resolutions the screen jitter isn't noticeable and the screen doesnt give me a headache.

I am suspecting something is amiss with my PSU. In the BIOS I have found the voltage on each rail but Im not sure how to find the amperage. Can anyone tell me where i might find this? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

AMD 64 3200 CPU
    MSI K8T Neo2 series mainboard
    2 GB RAM
    thermaltake 425 Watt PSU

sixblades2000, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter

1. Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter - Similar Threads - Xbox1 Computer hiccup

2. Mouse bugs out and jitters a lot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse bugs out and jitters a lot.: I have a problem where my mouse bugs out. Its not just the left click, but every button. For example, I would be playing a video game and my gun doesn't stop shooting after I click or sometimes when I click nothing happens. I know that this problem doesn't have to do directly...
  3. Mouse bugs out and jitters a lot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse bugs out and jitters a lot.: I have a problem where my mouse bugs out. Its not just the left click, but every button. For example, I would be playing a video game and my gun doesn't stop shooting after I click or sometimes when I click nothing happens. I know that this problem doesn't have to do directly...
  4. Mouse bugs out and jitters a lot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?: To explain it as easily as I can; my hardware such as CPU, RAM, GPU and Disk Drives will be at really low utilisation, yet the computer will randomly drop it's frames, even while I'm not doing much on the computer such as using Discord and Google.I recently upgraded from a...
  6. Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

Computer started lagging out of nowhere.: So just yesterday, i arrived home and wanted to check on my pc I booted it and it was lagging alot idk why. It was off for a week so firstly I did soft brushI purchased one specially for pc and a blower cleaning to blow all the dust and thingy. Done. No fix. Cuz its...
  7. Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..: Dear TenForum Gurus... I was given two HP Notebooks in to "wipe" and reinstall Windows 10. (I was told I know what I'm doing!?!?!) Both contained "sensitive" business information that the owner was afraid of this information being accessed. She wanted me to format the C:/...
  8. Compute hiccups

Compute hiccups: I recently updated my computer to the latest Microsoft Windows 10 build, and now my computer is "hiccuping". What I mean by that is that my computer will freeze for one second where I cannot do anything whatsoever. It happens every once every 30 seconds to a minute. I wanted...
  9. VLC Hiccup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Hiccup: W10 Home. A few years ago I downloaded one or two cinema films from my domestic tv for my own use , onto bought blank DVDs. They are all finalised and play normally. Recently I have transferred them using VLC onto an external memory. No problem, except that sometimes I was...
  10. Sound cuts out and jitters at random

Sound cuts out and jitters at random: I have a custom machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The specs are an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor, GTX 1070, 32 gigs of Ram, 16 recently installed along with the Windows 10 update. I also use a USB headset for my sound with no other speakers that...