Windows 10: xbox360 wireless controller adapter

Discus and support xbox360 wireless controller adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a xbox360 wireless controller adapter, in Dev Manager it showed as xbox360, but after a repair upgrade it now shows as unknown, despite numerous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 14, 2020.

1. xbox360 wireless controller adapter

Have a xbox360 wireless controller adapter, in Dev Manager it showed as xbox360, but after a repair upgrade it now shows as unknown, despite numerous attempts to install the driver it remains unchanged

any ideas please ?

Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 14, 2020

2. My Xbox360 Wireless Controller doesn't work with Play & Charge kit on Windows 10

I am having similar issues with a Xbox360 controller, unfortunately I do not have the wireless adapter but have it plugged into a usb port.

Have already tried all the solutions you have listed and am still getting no where with the controller, it simply does not work on Win10.

Also Xbox support is nonexistent, have tried that avenue several times and have never received any type of reply.

teh dannrz, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 14, 2020
  4. xbox360 wireless controller adapter

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

xbox360 wireless controller adapter

1. xbox360 wireless controller adapter - Similar Threads - xbox360 wireless controller

2. Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller: My old power supply was having problems and I recently replaced it with a new one. It has handled every test I've thrown at it seems to be running great, not getting close to 1000w from what I can tell so I don't think it's related. My old power supply would crash during...
  3. Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller: My old power supply was having problems and I recently replaced it with a new one. It has handled every test I've thrown at it seems to be running great, not getting close to 1000w from what I can tell so I don't think it's related. My old power supply would crash during...
  4. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig motherboard, CPU, RAM and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the Windows10 boot logo shows. Then it blinks for less than a second and stays off. In the...
  5. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig motherboard, CPU, RAM and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the Windows10 boot logo shows. Then it blinks for less than a second and stays off. In the...
  6. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices: Hello everyone,So I have bought a wireless Xbox360 controller with the original USB adapter, to be used with my Win11 PC.Following the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Wireless-Xbox-360-Controller, I have managed to connect the controller and USB adapter....
  8. USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices: Hello everyone,So I have bought a wireless Xbox360 controller with the original USB adapter, to be used with my Win11 PC.Following the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Wireless-Xbox-360-Controller, I have managed to connect the controller and USB adapter....
  9. XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update: [ATTACH] It's usually the same up until 2004 update: It would appear as an unknown device, I would right click on it and manually select the XBOX360 wireless receiver driver and everything used to work like this. Now, no matter which driver do I choose it seems like it...
  10. Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, I have had some issues that have recently started keeping me from playing my favorite game. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was fine but now if I power on my XBox 360 controller, my game client immediately crashes with the following errors: ???+ED1DC5...