Windows 10: XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update

Discus and support XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It's usually the same up until 2004 update: It would appear as an unknown device, I would right click on it and manually select the XBOX360... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R3DNano, May 30, 2020.

1. XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update

XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update Qg2JhNEEEO4x3oNEDCrl5zRCH1HoGmYz4bbJbl54T94.jpg

It's usually the same up until 2004 update: It would appear as an unknown device, I would right click on it and manually select the XBOX360 wireless receiver driver and everything used to work like this.

Now, no matter which driver do I choose it seems like it does not finish installing, and the deevice remains as "Unknown device"

https://preview.redd.it/sdiojkvggv1...bp&s=0773447ba7a86edd98a203d8cc4f99405a432b17

Any help? I have to feed my horse in Red Dead Redemotion XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update :(

submitted by /u/R3DNano
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/R3DNano, May 30, 2020

2. My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

When I plug in my Xbox360 controller, I get a message saying the USB device is not recognized. The Controller is listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Under Properties it says

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Is there a solution to this problem? My friends would probably kill me if I tried to play Dark Souls with a keyboard

matthewbyrnes, May 30, 2020
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, May 30, 2020
  4. XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update

Xbox360 Gaming Receiver not working properly

My Xbox360 wireless receiver recently has stopped working properly. My Xbox360 controller won't connect to it sometimes but when it DOES connect to it, it works for a few minutes then it stops working again but the guide button stays on the 1st player light
    despite this. When I plug the receiver in and I turn on my controller, the four lights just keep blinking on the controller most of the time. But like I said, it does work sometimes but only works for a while. There is nothing wrong with the device according
    to the device manager. When I go to the device manager, it is listed as "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows" and not "Unidentified Device" so I know that's not the problem. So what could possibly be wrong? I run on Windows 10 64 bit by the way.

Edit: I updated the wireless receiver driver so that it's listed as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and it works fine now. It connects every time no matter what and I can play games with it too fine. If it stops working ill do another update. But it seems
    to be working fine.

Update: Well I'm back to my original problem. The device refuses to work after a few minutes perhaps the receiver is malfunctioning?

Ricsterjcole, May 30, 2020
Thema:

XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update

1. XBOX360 wireless controller appears as unknown device since 2004 update - Similar Threads - XBOX360 wireless controller

2. Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a Bluescreen when I disconnect my wireless Xbox360 Controller: My old power supply was having problems and I recently replaced it with a new one. It has handled every test I've thrown at it seems to be running great, not getting close to 1000w from what I can tell so I don't think it's related. My old power supply would crash during...
  3. " an unknown device is appearing . drivers are not updating .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    " an unknown device is appearing . drivers are not updating .: in device manager , under "other devices" an unknown device is appearing . softwares are not updating and are not present . under "details " section of this device this information is present. details are following . under details section of unknown device , problem code is...
  4. " an unknown device is appearing . drivers are not updating .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " an unknown device is appearing . drivers are not updating .: in device manager , under "other devices" an unknown device is appearing . softwares are not updating and are not present . under "details " section of this device this information is present. details are following . under details section of unknown device , problem code is...
  5. " an unknown device is appearing . drivers are not updating .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices: Hello everyone,So I have bought a wireless Xbox360 controller with the original USB adapter, to be used with my Win11 PC.Following the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Wireless-Xbox-360-Controller, I have managed to connect the controller and USB adapter....
  7. USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB adapter for wireless Xbox360 not recognized in devices: Hello everyone,So I have bought a wireless Xbox360 controller with the original USB adapter, to be used with my Win11 PC.Following the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Wireless-Xbox-360-Controller, I have managed to connect the controller and USB adapter....
  8. Controllers not working in Forza since 2004 update

Controllers not working in Forza since 2004 update: Hi there, After the 2004 update in Windows 10, none of the Forza games including Horizon 4 detect either my Xbox 360 Wireless controller or my Logitech F710 controller. Both worked fine prior to the update. I have managed to update the drivers so now both controllers work...
  9. xbox360 wireless controller adapter

xbox360 wireless controller adapter: Have a xbox360 wireless controller adapter, in Dev Manager it showed as xbox360, but after a repair upgrade it now shows as unknown, despite numerous attempts to install the driver it remains unchanged any ideas please ? Thanks 158453
  10. Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, I have had some issues that have recently started keeping me from playing my favorite game. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was fine but now if I power on my XBox 360 controller, my game client immediately crashes with the following errors: ???+ED1DC5...