Windows 10: XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests

Discus and support XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10, 1903. Recently I ran into problem with XboxNetApiSvc where it becomes stuck. Symptoms: 1 It does not respond to stop /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danielcheng825, Jun 27, 2020.

1. XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests

I'm running Windows 10, 1903.

Recently I ran into problem with XboxNetApiSvc where it becomes stuck.

Symptoms:

1 It does not respond to stop / restart requests from service.msc and timed out after 30 seconds.

In event viewer, there is this error: A timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the XboxNetApiSvc service.

2 Game that depends on the service / the xbox net api will become stuck as well, probably waiting for the api call that never returns.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way I can look at some logs from XboxNetApiSvc to understand why is it stuck?

Thanks.

:)

danielcheng825, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Dandacion Win User

Windows 10 - Audio Service unresponsive

Since Monday every now and then the Windows Audio service will break and cease to function causing all manor of other issues with any program that attempts to play any audio from that point onward.

I've attempted to restart the service manually through services.msc which fails. The service will being to stop and then lock up and will become unresponsive to any further commands and all options become grayed out when right clicking on the service. It
    also gets stuck in a permanent state of "Stopping".

I have also updated my sound drives to the latest version since this started occurring.

Restarting the machine is the only way I have found to clear the issue but that sometimes only lasts 5 minutes if that.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I can try?

Let me know if there are any additional diagnostics I can run to provide more information.

Dandacion, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Win 10: Services stuck on starting/stopping, programs not starting

Hi all! I'm facing this issue that is really annoying since I can't find out what is the cause.
    It started about one week ago, I notices some programs were not starting at windows start (ex: Coretemp, Malwarebytes).
    Moreover, the pc always got stuck on the reboot or shutdown screen, saying the system is restarting /shutting down, with the animated icon rotating but without actually rebooting or shutting down.
    Looking on the services list, I've noticed that many services are stuck on starting or terminating, without the ability to terminate or restart them.
    I then proceeded to format. Things were working good then, today, this problem emerged again. Malwarebytes anti malware service is stuck on starting, other services are stuck on terminating. I'm attaching a screen.
    (it's in Italian, "avvio in corso" means it's starting, "arresto in corso" means it is terminating).

XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests [​IMG]

After 30 minutes they're still stuck.
    Programs such as Coretemp (not service) won't even start.
    I really don't know what could be causing all this. Can you help me please?

HellFire90, Jun 27, 2020
  4. XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests

1. XboxNetApiSvc stuck / unresponsive to service stop or restart requests - Similar Threads - XboxNetApiSvc stuck unresponsive

2. Service stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service stuck on stopping: Ok so recently my fingerprint scanner wasn't working so I wanted to stop the windows biometric service and start it again but it said "Stopping" and did not let me click any options to start or stop it....
  3. Service stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service stuck on stopping: Ok so recently my fingerprint scanner wasn't working so I wanted to stop the windows biometric service and start it again but it said "Stopping" and did not let me click any options to start or stop it....
  4. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  5. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  6. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows service stopping after restart

in Cortana
    Windows service stopping after restart: So there is a service called "TabletInputService" This service needs to be running to use windows search, type passwords for network, etc basically anything in windows itself that takes an input aside from apps i will start up my computer and want to search for a file or a...
  8. Windows service stopping after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows service stopping after restart: So there is a service called "TabletInputService" This service needs to be running to use windows search, type passwords for network, etc basically anything in windows itself that takes an input aside from apps i will start up my computer and want to search for a file or a...
  9. Windows service stopping after restart

10. The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service

in Windows 10 News
    The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service: [ATTACH]If you see message The requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service for DNSCache, Winmgmt, TrustedInstaller, then this post will interest you. net stop dnscache Not working If you are unable to stop the DNS Cache service, then this is because of a...