Windows 10: xcopy command gives "insufficient memory"

Discus and support xcopy command gives "insufficient memory" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a cmd file with xcopy commands to backup my laptops documents, downloads and some other directories to my nas. The documents directory always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by teunspaans, Feb 6, 2021.

1. xcopy command gives "insufficient memory"

I use a cmd file with xcopy commands to backup my laptops documents, downloads and some other directories to my nas.

The documents directory always gives an "insufficient memory" error message.

I listed all files using "dir "c:\Users\MyName\Documents\*.*" /s /ad /b >c:\list1.txt" and found no filename including path that exceeds 202 characters.

Any suggestions? The same cmd file is working fine on two other laptops.

:)

teunspaans, Feb 6, 2021
  2. AhmedSabe_157, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Xcopy error "Insufficient Memory"

Hello Folks. I have a routine to create backups of all important stuff using robocopy (with /mir to keep the size down) to one disk and xcopy to a second disk so nothing is ever deleted, for posterity.

All was working well until I recently noticed xcopy had stopped copying my movies and videos to the second backup. It would stop with the error 'Insufficient memory <nl> 0 file(s) copied.

Files in this directory are up to 2.5gb in size. Directory total size 400gb. No paths longer than 255 charachters.

Tried /J despite having loads of spare RAM and loads of spare space on the disks used.

Nothing has cured it. I have spent hours trawling through online articles about the issue but nothing.

I have replaced the command with robocopy /E, dropping the /MIR switch and all is well. Tried the /256 switch to double-check for long paths causing the issue but it still worked fine.

I would like to return to using xcopy. Does anyone really knows what the issue might be. Thanks all.

Keith Widdicombe, Feb 6, 2021
  4. jbasen Win User

xcopy command gives "insufficient memory"

Windows 10 - Xcopy getting insufficient memory error message

Hi

I am trying to backup my Documents folder to a WDMyCloud using xcopy with the /D flag so I only copy files that have changed. I do have a large number of files. Properties on the folder show there are 15,557 files taking up 10.8GB.

When I run xcopy I get an error that there is "Insufficient Memory"

The specific command I'm running is:

xcopy C:\Users\Jay\Documents \\WDMYCLOUDEX2\Jay\Documents /E /H /R /Y /I /D

I am running windows 10-64 bit with 8GB of Ram. I am up to date installing updates.

Any ideas on how to work around the problem and get xcopy to run would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jbasen, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

xcopy command gives "insufficient memory"

1. xcopy command gives "insufficient memory" - Similar Threads - xcopy command insufficient

2. XCOPY command does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XCOPY command does not work: XCOPY command does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-command-does-not-work/2989b013-3a30-428c-a9e2-a5d1ebafac11
  3. XCOPY command does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XCOPY command does not work: XCOPY command does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-command-does-not-work/2989b013-3a30-428c-a9e2-a5d1ebafac11
  4. Insufficient Memory Problem

Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  5. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  6. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Insufficient memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient memory: I am running an xcopy in a batch file from a folder on the c drive to a folder on an external hard drive. The program finds the correct drives, folders and files and starts the xcopy. This runs for a short while and then crashes with an "Insufficient Memory" error. The PC...
  8. Xcopy error "Insufficient Memory"

Xcopy error "Insufficient Memory": Hello Folks. I have a routine to create backups of all important stuff using robocopy with /mir to keep the size down to one disk and xcopy to a second disk so nothing is ever deleted, for posterity. All was working well until I recently noticed xcopy had stopped copying my...
  9. insufficient memory

insufficient memory: I don`t have memory in the computer and the apps don´t work. How can i move some of the things that are occupying the memory on to a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-memory/bc0fc3f9-943b-4484-88b8-d463486f176d
  10. Insufficient Memory

Insufficient Memory: I have 867 GB out of 915 GB free. Using Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. Installed Turbo Tax 2019 no problem and created two tax files. Now when I try to open either file, I get a message stating "Insufficient memory or resources to complete this operation..."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xcopy insufficient memory