Windows 10: xcopy directory problem

Discus and support xcopy directory problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I open cmd and entered d: mkdir "backup of disk e" cd "backup of disk e" xcopy /e/i/h/c f:/ . everything seemed to work fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Twizzard, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Twizzard Win User

xcopy directory problem

In Windows 10 I open cmd and entered

d:

mkdir "backup of disk e"

cd "backup of disk e"

xcopy /e/i/h/c f:/ .

everything seemed to work fine.

However, the directory does not show in the finder, nor in cmd using dir.

If I do

dir "backup of disk e"

I do get a listing exactly like expected, showing a directory "backup of disk e" with all files.

What is going on? This would have worke fine in Windows XP or 7

:)

Twizzard, Apr 8, 2021
  2. jmt20 Win User

XCopy not working on Win10

Hi,

There is a thread on this topic but it doesn't show a resolution.

Has something changed where xcopy doesn't work on Win10?

I am looking to copy files and I can't get even the simpliest .bat file to work. Copying 1 file to another folder on the C directory.

@EchoOff xcopy C:\files\test.bat C:\files-to\

Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks,

joan

jmt20, Apr 8, 2021
  3. tcebob Win User
    Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories

Very good, I will use it.

In cmd, xcopy help states "source Specifies the file(s) to copy." but does not detail how to list them.

is the squiggle in %%~a intentional or a typo?

tcebob, Apr 8, 2021
  4. tcebob Win User

xcopy directory problem

Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories

can someone show me a sample xcopy command to copy C:\Directory1 and C:\Directory2 to a destination directory H:\DestinationDirectory?

tcebob, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

xcopy directory problem

1. xcopy directory problem - Similar Threads - xcopy directory problem

2. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  3. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  4. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. xCopy not working as intended

xCopy not working as intended: Today, I tried to copy all folders that were inside another folder, but the command doesn't work. It just says "0 Files copied". Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working-as-intended/b5fc6b0d-209a-466b-bde8-02b54a908bac
  6. Problem With Delete a Directory

Problem With Delete a Directory: Hi There, Some Minutes Ago I tried To Delete a Directory By Pressing Del Delete Button on keyboard But Unfortunately I gave an error from windows. I Inserted that below. Please Guide Me. [ATTACH]...
  7. XCopy not working on Win10

XCopy not working on Win10: Hi, There is a thread on this topic but it doesn't show a resolution. Has something changed where xcopy doesn't work on Win10? I am looking to copy files and I can't get even the simpliest .bat file to work. Copying 1 file to another folder on the C directory....
  8. Batch: change target directory date after xcopy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Batch: change target directory date after xcopy: I use this command to make a weekly back up my personal files: Code: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /C /D /E /I /W /Y[/quote] Works fine but how can I change the date attribute of the Allbak directory to the current date? 102611
  9. Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories: can someone show me a sample xcopy command to copy C:\Directory1 and C:\Directory2 to a destination directory H:\DestinationDirectory? 88324
  10. Directory file problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file problem: Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and...