Windows 10: xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10

Discus and support xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there. I have an issue with win10 and xcopy. Every time I buy an external hdd or ssd I own a lot of those, both kinds, mainly used for backups, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LaurV2, Sep 30, 2022.

1. LaurV2 Win User

xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10

Hi there. I have an issue with win10 and xcopy. Every time I buy an external hdd or ssd I own a lot of those, both kinds, mainly used for backups, and not stressed much I check if it works, by formatting it and fill it with rubbish. The process goes like that, I create a folder in the root of that drive, say fill00001 and put about 10GB of rubbish files in it, few large ~1 to 1.5GB each, some of average-size, more of small size. Then I use a batch file stored in the same root folder of the external drive, with a for-loop, md, xcopy, to create a series of folders where the numbers increme

:)

LaurV2, Sep 30, 2022
  2. jmt20 Win User

XCopy not working on Win10

Hi,

There is a thread on this topic but it doesn't show a resolution.

Has something changed where xcopy doesn't work on Win10?

I am looking to copy files and I can't get even the simpliest .bat file to work. Copying 1 file to another folder on the C directory.

@EchoOff xcopy C:\files\test.bat C:\files-to\

Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks,

joan

jmt20, Sep 30, 2022
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

1. xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10 - Similar Threads - xcopy enough disk

2. xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10: Hi there. I have an issue with win10 and xcopy. Every time I buy an external hdd or ssd I own a lot of those, both kinds, mainly used for backups, and not stressed much I check if it works, by formatting it and fill it with rubbish. The process goes like that, I create a...
  3. xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10: Hi there. I have an issue with win10 and xcopy. Every time I buy an external hdd or ssd I own a lot of those, both kinds, mainly used for backups, and not stressed much I check if it works, by formatting it and fill it with rubbish. The process goes like that, I create a...
  4. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  5. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  6. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  7. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  8. not enough disk space.

not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  9. Not enough space to update Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not enough space to update Win10: I have a Zotac Zbox with a 28GB hard-drive. I haven't used it in 10 months (I only use it when traveling), and I'm trying to download/install all Win10 updates. Since the PC hasn't been powered up in so long, it's quite a lot of updates, apparently. The problem is, Windows...
  10. Not enough space to update Win10

Not enough space to update Win10: I have a Zotac Zbox with a 28GB hard-drive. I haven't used it in 10 months (I only use it when traveling), and I'm trying to download/install all Win10 updates. Since the PC hasn't been powered up in so long, it's quite a lot of updates, apparently. The problem is, Windows...