Windows 10: Xfinity User / Norton installed

Discus and support Xfinity User / Norton installed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Being an Xfinity user I was prompted to install Norton - I did. Now I'm getting notifications about my Windows Defender being turned off. Did I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusanMarshall2, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Xfinity User / Norton installed

Hi,

Being an Xfinity user I was prompted to install Norton - I did. Now I'm getting notifications about my Windows Defender being turned off. Did I really mess up?

Thanks.

:)

SusanMarshall2, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 23, 2019
  3. nodsirrah Win User
    Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused.
    My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it?

nodsirrah, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Xfinity User / Norton installed

Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Xfinity User / Norton installed

1. Xfinity User / Norton installed - Similar Threads - Xfinity User Norton

2. reconnect to xfinity interwork

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect to xfinity interwork: reconnect xfinity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-to-xfinity-interwork/ef27a29e-d6d9-49e8-96e4-49037f1ab0c2
  3. xfinity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xfinity: app for installing xfinity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/03dd6af8-3daf-4fc0-b962-35492d2edd47
  4. xfinity internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xfinity internet: how do I report x finity for charging my card but but providing no interne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/xfinity-internet/bad9c944-7b15-4b5f-ac56-92f3c71de4d7
  5. McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed

McAfee and Norton Expired? Not Installed: Hey all, my wife started getting two error messages last night. McAfee and Norton say that they are both expired and need to be renewed. She does not have either one of those programs installed. Strictly MS antivirus and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes and AV show her system...
  6. Norton Install (+➀-➇❽➇-❼2❷-❶❻❻6) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Install (+➀-➇❽➇-❼2❷-❶❻❻6) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  7. xfinity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xfinity: delete all of xfinity from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/83f1f36f-f646-4ada-b85d-b4126680d992
  8. Norton Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton Installation: I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-installation/2ab8d5fb-50ce-4fee-8366-5741a72a925f
  9. Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?: I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused. My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it? 44510
  10. Norton nagging to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton nagging to install: I am on Windows 10 and have been using Malwarebytes for a number years now. I recently updated Javascript or Java (a mistake, I know) and must have missed the button to not install Norton. I am now getting a popup where Norton keeps asking if I want to install. I click cancel...